PDA

View Full Version : whoa, that's nostalgic

Beldaran
06-04-2002, 02:52 AM
So I was puttering around in my room and I dusted off the old 133mzh pentium that I hadn't turned on in a long time. I fired it up and well...appearantly I hadn't turned it on in a LOOONG time because I opened the GAMES directory and there was DOOM II, Quest For Glory, Police Quest, and the orignal XWING from Lucasarts. It brought back so many memories! Man it was cool to see those old games again. Even though I'm fasting from gaming for two weeks, I just had to dip into doom for a couple of minutes. Can you believe that games still scares me? I'm quite a sensitive person when it comes to things like that. I still get all hot, sweaty, and goose pimply when I play doom. lol

So anyway, does anyone have any fond memories of video games or old computer equipment, or anything like that? (in order to give this thread some kind of point.:))

Brasel
06-04-2002, 03:29 AM
One of the only reasons I replay old Final Fantasies is because of nostalgia. Everytime I play, I remember playing it when I first got the game...usually with games like Final Fantasy 2 or 3, when I was alot younger.

slothman
06-04-2002, 03:33 AM
Police quest; that is old. I played some King's quests and of course my location is from Zork. I actually like games with less graphics better I think.

obi
06-04-2002, 04:47 AM
The Nes emulator I have brings back the most memories, for me, just sitting there, arguing with my brother on who beat who in mario bros 3, ah, those were the days... :ooh:

The Savior
06-04-2002, 08:04 AM
The first episode of Quake1 brings back memories for me. Of course, I still play Quake regularly, but that's not the point. :blah:

Mitsukara
06-04-2002, 10:20 AM
Well, it was sort of nostalgic when I obtained a working old nintendo and a working copy of the original SMB... of course, I'd had a copy of SMAS and a R... errr.... curses, now there's no escape from.. wait a minute... *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*, but seeing a real copy of the original in action was a far more nostalgic treat.

jman2050
06-04-2002, 11:42 AM
I have nostalgia every day, as I have many NES games and a (somewhat) working NES. Super Mario Bros is so fun on the TV. I wanted to play Duck Hunt again (It was the special dual cart), but I lost the NES Gun thingy 8 years ago :D .

Paradox
06-04-2002, 11:45 AM
i still remember back when i had my old mac about 6 or 7 years ago (and even before that when i had an IBM that had just word processing and chess loaded onto it... it was DOS i think). the oldest games i remember playing are some of the old afterdark games and the original Marathon (FPS) Demo. also i had indiana jones and star wars rebel assasult (i still have those two but i dont have a mac to play it on :()

Mitsukara
06-04-2002, 11:51 AM
It would be nostalgic if I could play "Rodent" (an ancient part of the Windows Entertainment Pack) again, but it doesn't seem to run for some unexplained reason. I try to open it, and it dehighlights the folder that I tried to open it from... but beyond that, it doesn't do anything.

Mak-X
06-04-2002, 01:00 PM
COULDN'T STOP PLAYING THE VIDEO GAMES COULD YOU?

I have all 4 of my Nintendo systems hooked up ready to swap plugs and a/v cables on my TV. From time to time I'll play old stuff or buy old used games.

Fatty Lumpkin
06-04-2002, 02:06 PM
I always get nostalgic when I actually get my NES to work.

Korn Guy
06-04-2002, 03:08 PM
Sometimes I like to get on my old win 3.1 comp and play some rebal assult. Thats about it. I sold all my old systems.