PDA

View Full Version : Translated Zelda: Ocarina of Time Manga!!

Mak-X
06-04-2002, 01:19 AM
Oh man. I want these graphic novels real bad. Now I can have my own and understand them thanks to the person at this website.

Zelda no Densetsu
http://www.bsu.edu/web/agscherer/zeldaindex.html

Click the drop down box in the upper right and choose "manga". It looks like the 2 volumes of Ocarina of Time are translated.

I want to read them but I'm on a 28K connection. That kinda ruins reading it...though there's no way id be able to read it in book form either. I'll have to read through some of volume one tomorrow. oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

(And before anyone points out mispellings of names, that's how they were translated and they are not mispelled.)

Rijuhn
06-04-2002, 01:38 AM
I've never read a manga before. Well, maybe some hentai manga or whatever you call it, but nothing meant to be read like this. I'm actually going to just open all of the pages and let them load, and then read them offline. I'll probably watch TV while they load. Thanks man.

I got the first chapter of the first volume copied to my HD now. Man, this is better than I thought. Anyone who is a fan of Zelda, like me, please read this. I know TSA will love this, unless he already has it, hehe. Well, I'm going to bed now, and I'll try to get 4 more chapters in the morning. Thanks again Mak.

vegeta1215
06-04-2002, 02:20 AM
Man, that page looks fucked up on Opera, and Netscape 4 won't even load it! Thank goodness I have IE to correct bad html coders!

Anyways, very cool stuff Mak! I only wish they had Zelda and Zelda II manga and comics, that'd be awesome. It always takes some landmark game to open people's eyes to the series, but then they only concentrate on that one game, and not it's predecessors.

UPDATE: I appreciate what that guys doing by posting the translated manga and stuff, but each page is freakin huge, and takes forever to load, and I'm on DSL! It'd be better if he had all the pages available for download in one zip file or something.

Mak, I wish you luck, because at this rate, it will take you forever to see all of the comics, as well as many of the other dial-up users here :(

obi
06-04-2002, 03:09 AM
I just can't stop reading it, it is sooo cool, it'll taje me a while thouhg, shame you can't save alll of them at once as vegeta1215 suggested...

Beldaran
06-04-2002, 03:23 AM
wow! Those are totally cool! Thanks for the link!

obi
06-04-2002, 05:22 AM
WOW, I not going to spoil it, but the story has parts very different from the actuall game, Like the bit about Vovagia.

Mak-X
06-04-2002, 12:14 PM
The comics are based on the Ocarina of Time, so there would be some changes, and to do a decent story based on a game too.

I'm sure if they were put in a big zip, the bandwidth would get eaten up, and the double space to post them on the site and for download. But it would be faster for me to just load them all at once and let them sit.

I'll probably give a thank you to the person in her guest book after I read some more.

Originally posted by vegeta1215
Anyways, very cool stuff Mak! I only wish they had Zelda and Zelda II manga and comics, that'd be awesome. It always takes some landmark game to open people's eyes to the series, but then they only concentrate on that one game, and not it's predecessors.

UPDATE: I appreciate what that guys doing by posting the translated manga and stuff, but each page is freakin huge, and takes forever to load, and I'm on DSL! It'd be better if he had all the pages available for download in one zip file or something.

The pages load fine for me in a instant after clicking, its just the image that takes long to download...maybe its your browser if its the actual page? It's about as fast as going through Megatokyo's archives for me on dial up.

I've only seen Zelda comes as far back as Zelda 3 and 4. Some of them might be fan manga though, but looked good enough.

Zelda 3
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2108637232
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2108637670

Rijuhn
06-04-2002, 01:20 PM
Yeah, there are some things to make it more lively, and less action, action, action like the game. It's a pretty good translation.

King Link
06-04-2002, 01:30 PM
Cool, finally. I bet there have been way to many of us waiting for this.

Fatty Lumpkin
06-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Manga is awesome. The Legend of Zelda is awesome. So the Legend of Zelda manga is... um... really awesome!

Nick
06-04-2002, 02:41 PM
It sounds interesting enough, but I don't have the time to actually read it now. :(

vegeta1215
06-04-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
The pages load fine for me in a instant after clicking, its just the image that takes long to download...maybe its your browser if its the actual page? It's about as fast as going through Megatokyo's archives for me on dial up.

Hehe, that's what I meant. The page itself loads fine, but the image takes forever.

mrz84
06-04-2002, 06:22 PM
ill look into it later. until then ive bookmarked it. :kawaii: