PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid and ePSXe

AlexMax
06-03-2002, 10:31 PM
OK, so i didn't want to wait around for my friend's PSX to come. Now I'm playing through MGS (which I just got, and it is FANTASIC I must say) with ePSXe, and I have a few problems...

1. I can't see which frequency I am tuned to in the codec. It doesn't display the 'bright green' stuff.
2. The breifing videos always cut short a little bit (The video finishes before the actual voice does)
3. On some of the FMV scenes (Intro and the scuba scene, none of the others I've come across yet), the screen is laced with large black bands, which I can see parts of the movie in between, but It's blocked mostly.

I'm using Pete's D3D plugins on an ATI Rage Fury Maxx (which is basically two ATI Rage 128 32 meg cards in one) Any suggestions on configuration?

Dracula
06-03-2002, 11:43 PM
... well... I never got ePSXe to work... I use Virtual Game Station. It costs money, but if you have KaZaA, you can download it free.

Cronic
06-04-2002, 12:19 AM
Here's a suggestion... go to a used game store and pick up a copy of MGS PC ;) It's MUCH better than the PSX version anyway ;)

This is not a game you wish to play under those conditions =)

Brasel
06-04-2002, 03:55 AM
Either do what DC says, or play it on a playstation like its meant to...he's right, its too good of a game to play under those conditions.

obi
06-04-2002, 04:08 AM
ePSXe has a problem with ATI cards, something always crappy happens, nomatter what you try. The only thing I can suggest is to turn on the scannlines, that way, I could at least see everything.
:)
But, do what DC says, ePSXe will ruin the experience of MGS....

AlexMax
06-04-2002, 07:48 AM
Take a look at this...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/videogames/B00004VP4B/qid=1023191200/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/103-2898305-5688641

Now, I want the PC version as much as the next man, but does it look like I can get ahold of it like that?

59 bux for a used copy? Don't think so.

However, DC, if perhaps you and I could....arrange...something... ^_^

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I didn't screw Kojima out of well deserved money. I actually purchased it, instead of getting an ISO.

Cronic
06-04-2002, 12:10 PM
You paid 59 dollariedoos for MGS PC.... USED??!?!?!

I payed 10 bucks NEW at the local EL :/

At any rate you will enjoy =)

mike5000
06-04-2002, 02:15 PM
epxse??? what is that? and is the "virtual Game Station" the Connectx or somthin thing where u put the PS game in ur PC and play it? I have that and its free! but the graphics are really degraded and so is the sound! my friend told me that if u burn the PS game to a CD-R and play it it will look normal again just like playing it through ur consol and system!

AlexMax
06-04-2002, 02:54 PM
No no no, I didn't buy it yet.

Dracula
06-04-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by mike5000
epxse??? what is that? and is the "virtual Game Station" the Connectx or somthin thing where u put the PS game in ur PC and play it? I have that and its free! but the graphics are really degraded and so is the sound! my friend told me that if u burn the PS game to a CD-R and play it it will look normal again just like playing it through ur consol and system!

The demo is free, but the full version is about 30$... but like I said, KaZaA is what you need to get it free. And the demo doesn't have the controller, memory card, or graphics control. The full version has it all, and you don't need a 3D accelerator.

MottZilla
06-04-2002, 05:58 PM
VGS sold out to sony. So really, WAREZ it people. VGS is a great emu. Good for Megaman X4, X5, X6, and other games. THPS2 however didn't run quite so well when I tried it but I've upgraded since then. So anyway, look for cvgs14_english.exe on a file sharing program. It's the installer. Beware though, you could have problems if using 96 megs of ram. I think 192 might do it too. Anyways, normally it will NOT play CDRs, however, you can also fine patches so it will, though I don't recomend it as it may cause VGS to crash for weird reasons, as it did for me.