PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Floor Dungeons?

DarkFlameWolf
06-03-2002, 08:40 PM
okay, this is what I got so far: I have floor 1, with blue block and green block placed properly at the dungeon entrance. I have the Dmap all correctly set up and tested that when you die or F6 save and then continue or F6 then continue that you always start at the dungeon entrance. That's ALL cool. Now what's the problem, is moving between floors and doing that. Okay, I have both floors on two different maps (in Zquest, so screens for floor 2 are NOT on the same map as screens for floor 1.) And I'm using warps to go between the two using of course, blue blocks. And I put in one green block on the second floor, should you die, I thought it would make you start in that room on the second floor, instead it brings you to a 'null' room where you can't see anything or move or whatever if you die and continue on the second floor or F6 save and continue or F6 and continue. They all bring you to the null room. Go back down to floor 1 and do that, its all fine. My floor 2 Dmap uses level 1, so that it can SHARE the compass and map for that dungeon on floor 1. I set up the continue to the green block room on floor 2. WHAT AM I MISSING?!?!?!?!?!? I'm planning on 7-8 floor dungeons and if I can't do this, what the hell, I might as well quit!

Nick
06-03-2002, 08:47 PM
Use an entrance/exit warp between the floors. Though you won't start on the first floor, that is the best that can be done to avoid the null room mess.

EIHoppe
06-03-2002, 08:50 PM
Or, what you could do is make you start on 1F in a blank room with a bunch of combos (not sure which would work best) with a tile warp to the entrance, which will reset the DMap, too. Then you would just use insta-warps between your floors.

Nick
06-03-2002, 08:53 PM
The last screen you entranced/exited on is carried over to a new dmap (except overworlds) whenever you travel with instant warps.

In other words, your probably starting on screen AA on the second dmap when screen AA is the entrance to your dungeon.

You can place warps on screen AA of the second dmap to send you back to screen AA of the first map, but I'm probably confusing everyone.

DarkFlameWolf
06-03-2002, 09:52 PM
Okay the Entrance/Exit warps DO work, but there are some drawbacks, for one, I must set up a green block for every staircase in every dungeon, and for two, I must give myself at least two space LEEWAY away from the stair case so I don't smack myself into a wall and get stuck, but other than that, the F6 and save or F6 and continuing or dying and continuing on multiple floors 'seems' to be doing OK.......

EDIT: Okay, So does this mean I can have all my floor screens on one map instead of two or three or four? And furthermore, it seems that whenever you press F6 and continue, it continues where you last entered a floor, but you walk two spaces up and many times into a wall or into the stairs going back up/down floors again.