PDA

View Full Version : SFA: Now that's just confusing.

DarkDragoonX
06-03-2002, 12:13 PM
Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't like people using SFA as an acronym for "StarFox Adventures." I'm sorry, but every time I see SFA, I think "Street Fighter Alpha." Is it just me?

Mak-X
06-03-2002, 12:23 PM
Yes, but for Stafox Adventures purposes like anything, if I'm going to begin talking about about Starfox Adventures and go on to use SFA then that would be acceptable. I wouldn't start a topic like

"SFA is a really neat game!"

"I thought SFA was really great."

without mention I'm talking about Starfox Adventures or Street Fighter Alpha.

DarkDragoonX
06-03-2002, 12:25 PM
It stated when I hit cube.ign.com, and noticed news saying "new SFA screenshots." For a minute I was just sitting there thinking "What the hell? Isn't that game 5 years old?"

Mak-X
06-03-2002, 12:28 PM
There's also Super Monkey Ball which is SMB, which is also used for Super Mario Bros.

Warlock
06-03-2002, 01:32 PM
I just usually avoid acronyms if it's going to get confusing.. I never really use SMB for Super Monkey Ball, although I never really talk about Super Monkey Ball either.. I never play Street Fighter Alpha either, although I do know of the acronym..

I think the best thing is just to look at the context. If the guy is talking about throwing Hadukens and using Dragon Punches, it's safe to assume they are talking about Street Fighter :D Otherwise the game is friggin' old and more likely SFA is refering to StarFox Adventures... it's kinda rare that anyone talks about Street Fighter anymore, at least around here.. maybe if you were on a Capcom forum :D

zables
06-03-2002, 01:46 PM
I dunno, i never used to like acronyms until is started ot understand that if you wanted any hope of understand what people here were talking about that you had to learn them... :p :lol:

Elemental Knight
06-03-2002, 03:59 PM
If you're that concerned with "Street Fighter Alpha" being the same acronym as StarFox Adventures, then just type "Street Fighter Alpha" the way it's meant to be - "SFa", usign the Greek letter instead of the Latin/Anglican.

LORD APOCALYPSE
06-03-2002, 04:17 PM
Well it'll be LWA, Lylat Wars Adventures soon because the name is being changed for europe.

Mak-X
06-03-2002, 04:39 PM
Heh, they're using Lylat Wars again huh? In Europe there's a game that's already called Starfox so Nintendo can't use that name. But know that the series is really called Starfox!! Starfox! Starfox 64! and Starfox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet!

The Silent Assassin
06-03-2002, 05:21 PM
I use SF A or SF:A. StarFox is one word, and Adventures is sperate...so it coud be SA.

Oh, and it is called StarWing in Europe, and Lylat Wars is the name of StarFox 64. It is called StarWing Adventures in Europe.