PDA

View Full Version : Look at what I found...

MagmaLord
06-03-2002, 11:00 AM
Back in September of 2001 there was a review of Zelda Classic at http://www.ccgr.org/
Now, ccgr stands for Christian Computer Games Reviews, but it isn't an extremely Christian site. I just thought that this would be worth mentioning. If anyone is interested the review is under the action/adventure category.

*b*
06-03-2002, 12:51 PM
83%? 83%?!?! IS THAT ALL!?!? well, suits me, that was probably 1.84, so meh

plith
06-03-2002, 03:09 PM
Possibly even earlier than that, but either way whoever reviewed it was a dumb little thing. Either s/he downloaded 1.76 or some version without ZQuest (NOTE: 1.90 was out by this point), or just didn't realize that there was a ZQuest which came along with it. (it says that there are still two quests altogether) Not only that but it's not exactly a very impressive review. A whole group of simple sentences all strung together...

Cyclone
06-03-2002, 03:19 PM
Graphics: two checkmarks out of five.

If only they tried the custom quests. :rolleyes:

Cyclone

obi
06-04-2002, 05:39 AM
Now really they should have compared it to the original...

The Savior
06-04-2002, 07:57 AM
The reviewer doesn't appear to be that bright, check out this quote from the Alice review:
"One thing that disappointed me is the sound support. The game supports EAX and A3D but my laptop's cheap ESS card was scratchy."
Damn straight it won't sound good on a "cheap ESS card", what did (s)he expect?

Cronic
06-04-2002, 12:25 PM
HAH! I knew ZC was better than Max Payne =)

throttleman
06-11-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by The Savior
"One thing that disappointed me is the sound support. The game supports EAX and A3D but my laptop's cheap ESS card was scratchy."

At least s/he could get sound. I've tried everything listed on these boards and still can't get the sound to work right. It only works the first time I run the program after starting my computer, then it only works for about 2-3 mins., gets garbled, then fades completely. MIDI works fine though!?:confuse2: I've resigned myself to a life in Hyrule of a soundtrack but no sound effects.:mad: