PDA

View Full Version : Question re: Ganon and Zelda

ahiruko
06-02-2002, 06:37 PM
The quest I'm thinking of creating is not related to the existing story of TLOZ. As such, I have a few ... odd questions before I get started.

Do I have to use the Triforce at all?

I'm considering just having the boss of each level simply guarding that level's primary treasure item (the one needed to get into the next level). The Triforce diagram on the subscreen can just be blacked out, or replaced with something else (closeup of the hero's face? rough world map?) I'm only using the whistle in one place and for Digdogger fights.

Are there any problems with this that I'm just not thinking of?

Is there any reason I shouldn't use Ganon as a standard level boss? (Yes, Link holds up the Triforce at the start of the fight, but if I'm not using the Triforce in dungeons I can change that graphic to threatening the boss with the bow and arrow -- or an exclamation point appearing over the character's head at this new threat. Yes, a big Triforce appears at the end of the fight, but I can change that to the boss's heart or a magic crystal or somesuch. Yes, the silver arrows are required, but the whistle's required for Digdogger, the bow for Gohma, etc. ...)

I'd really prefer to use a custom boss to the end the game ... probably a simple one, just attacking with statues and summonings. But I don't want the player to have ANY clue what's going on -- is there a way to suppress mapping so a perfect record of the player's "secret" warping doesn't show up on the subscreen? (If not, well ... I could have clue somewhere that "being near powerful monsters messes up magic maps ...")

Is it possible for me to end the quest somehow without using the Zelda room -- say, because I want to create a long story sequence at the end instead?

So far everything I've done is either on paper or could be adapted to a "quasi-Zelda" storyline. Before I start working out the minutae in preparation for coding it in, I want to make sure I don't need to rethink my ideas ...

Nick
06-02-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by ahiruko

I'd really prefer to use a custom boss to the end the game ... probably a simple one, just attacking with statues and summonings. But I don't want the player to have ANY clue what's going on -- is there a way to suppress mapping so a perfect record of the player's "secret" warping doesn't show up on the subscreen? (If not, well ... I could have clue somewhere that "being near powerful monsters messes up magic maps ...")

Is it possible for me to end the quest somehow without using the Zelda room -- say, because I want to create a long story sequence at the end instead?

No, there's no way to blank the map out in 104, but if you wait for the full 1.92, you could do that. Problem with it is you couldn't see your inventory.

You can end the quest anyway you want. You just won't be able to have it automatically save and quit.

Also, you don't need to have triforces.

Jigglysaint
06-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Your could make the triforce somthing else.

Your ideas sound great. Keep up the good work!

EWild
06-04-2002, 05:14 PM
Yeah just don't get discouraged and stop making, because it sounds like a good quest.