PDA

View Full Version : Is it that hard...?

Angrysnake
06-02-2002, 09:22 AM
I'm just asking if making making Zelda Quests is really as hard as I would expect it to be. I've been reading the tutorial on the ZC website and it doesn't look too hard as long as I refer back o it every so often.

JayeM
06-02-2002, 09:37 AM
It's not hard as long as you don't try to dive into advanced techniques before you have the basics down pat. The fact that you're reading the tutorial is a good sign...you'll be an expert before you know it.

Moving to ZC Editor Help.

Angrysnake
06-02-2002, 11:15 AM
thx for the encouragement, but I want to ask something that he tutorial never covered... How do you import home-made sprites or new tile-sets into the game? and how do you say wht they do (ie: how would you make a home-made monster sprite into the game and make sure the editor registers it as a monster?

JayeM
06-02-2002, 11:22 AM
We can't create new enemies yet, just edit the tiles for the old ones. Go to Quest-->Tiles and find the sprite you want to change. Click Grab and grab the new sprite from your file that has the new sprite on it. Or you can just edit the tile in ZQ.

*b*
06-02-2002, 11:23 AM
ok, 1st, you draw the tile you want to use in ZQuest, under the tiles area. when you have a tile you want, you pressok and done, to get out of the tile editor. then you go tho the coloumn to the right, and right click on a tile. in thins box, you can say where you want link to ba able to walk on it (pink fill area next to tile), what portion uses another Cset (the light blue fill area next to the pink area, aslo called Walk Flags), what you want the tile do "do" (you be able to swim on it, have it shoot fireballs, warp you to another screen, ect., ect.,), define what tile sit uses for animation (a little advanced here),and most importantly, how fast you want the animations to move. after you set what you want it to "do", you satrt making your (hopefully) great quest!

Angrysnake
06-02-2002, 02:00 PM
k, but when will it be possible to make new enemies as well?

Yobumcha
06-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Yeah... Custom Bosses.But don't go in to them just yet.If ya really want to there's a thread showing you how to make custom bosses.

The Savior
06-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Nobody knows when that will be possible.