PDA

View Full Version : Some help finding a server, please...

ZeldaFan001
05-31-2002, 10:01 PM
I want to find a server to place Zelda Classic pictures and post them on the Zelda Classic forums. The only problem is a server to place my pictures.

I want a server that is free, has quite a bit of place, and let's me easily upload my photos there and post them here. I DO NOT WANT A TRIAL VERSION! I WANT ONLY A SERVER LIKE I DESCRIBED. I HAVE TRIED A FEW SERVERS, BUT I NEED FTP SOFTWARE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. If the server has a FTP server that is accessable using Internet Explorer only, that would be greatly appreciated.

If you also have the next best thing, PLEASE post it. Also describe what the server has to offer.

PLEASE POST AS SOON AS YOU CAN, PLEASE. I NEED THIS SERVER ASAP! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

Masamune
05-31-2002, 10:06 PM
netfirms.com try that.

MrCow
05-31-2002, 10:10 PM
netfirms.com and dl an ftp program best free one around or try 50megs.com 50megs is good i believe there is a browser upload option.

Mander
05-31-2002, 11:28 PM
I use 150m.com. They are free and it is easy to put your pictures up there.

Mitsukara
06-01-2002, 02:34 AM
There are several fine web hosts out there. I especially recommend www.geocities.com and www.tripod.com ... bwahaha.

goKi
06-01-2002, 09:03 AM
i would recommend netfirms and for a beginner cuteFTP from http://www.globalscape.com

theplustwo
06-01-2002, 01:09 PM
ws_ftp le is the best free ftp client, in my opinion ipswitch.com is the website. I just use the 5mb from our isp that came with the account

ZeldaFan001
06-01-2002, 01:09 PM
Thanks for your help. I am using NetFirms and if It doesn't work, I will try your other suggestions. Thanks again. :)

Fatty Lumpkin
06-01-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Jennifer
There are several fine web hosts out there. I especially recommend www.geocities.com and www.tripod.com ... bwahaha.

Geocities is good, but tripod doesn't allow linking pics on their server to other sites. You get that stupid 'image hosted by tripod' pic.