PDA

View Full Version : Very elementary tile warp question

ahiruko
05-31-2002, 06:55 AM
This is probably a pathetically easy question, but I'm just getting started and I ran into trouble while following the directions in the tutorial.

I'm at chapter 3, step 5, the point at which, having created the first room of the dungeon, one has to create a tile warp on the overworld leading to it.

I followed the directions in the tutorial to create a tile warp to Map 1, room 72, which is the relative coordinate for the entrance to the dungeon. However, when I click on "Go," it sends me to Map ZERO, room 72, which is an empty spot on the overworld map.

In fact, no matter what map I tell it to warp to, it still always sends me back to map zero. The coordinates work -- I can have it send me to different places on map zero with no problem -- but I can't get it to send me to any other map.

When I tried the quest in ZC, sure enough, it dumped me in a blank screen ... with dungeon music playing.

:odd:

What's going on here, and how can I fix the problem so I can finish the tutorial and get on with creating my own quest?

I'm using 1.90.

Thanks!

:kawaii:

JayeM
05-31-2002, 07:04 AM
Are you making it an entrance/exit warp?

BTW there is no map 0, dmap 0 is on map 1.

Nick
05-31-2002, 11:28 AM
Make sure the Dmap for the dungeon is set on the appropriate dungeon map. From the sound of it, you didn't quite get it right.

Yobumcha
05-31-2002, 07:28 PM
It's Funny.I thought I was the only one who had that problem exept sometimes when I tested my quest out the music was messed and the bs tileset changed to the classic tileset.

ahiruko
06-02-2002, 05:35 PM
I went back in, double-checked everything, and, sure enough, in the DMap screen the DMap for the dungeon level was still set to Map 1. I've fixed that and completed the rest of the tutorial with no difficulty.

Thanks!