PDA

View Full Version : My one year anniversary post!

Rijuhn
05-30-2002, 01:33 AM
(EDIT: Does anyone like my new avatar and title? I just decided to make it and upload it earlier for the hell of it. I love coffee and I was hoping someone would comment on it, but no one has.)

Hello fellow AGNers. It's been a year since I first joined this wonderful place. I actually started visiting around December of 2000, and I saw how cool it was and decided to join in May of 2001. I was going to make a big post about it on the 25th (one year mark) but it quietly slipped my mind over the weekend.

Let me start out by telling everyone how I feel about this place. When I first joined I thought AGN was fun, new, exicting, and chock full of fellow gamers, but it wasn't until around August that I became fully comfortable with AGN, and realized it's more like a faceless family. I've come to love this place, and it's actually helped me out in several ways. Let me list what AGN has done for me, since listing is easier.

learned to type faster
learned about making games
learned about Linux
met some unforgetable characters: Toolie, Breaker, TSA, DC, WL, SB, Moocow, Queeny
slowly learned to accept others how they are and to be more open-minded about things
GD has expanded my knowledge of usefulless info further than I had hoped for (I'm not sure if this is a good thing)
can share my ideas with other people
my vocab is awesome
been entertained for the past year straight
given me hope when I'm sad

AGN has helped me with every aspect of my life, even my non-existing sex life. I've learned that there are plenty of other people out there than share a common sense of humor.

Unlike some other people on AGN, I'm glad to of spent the past year here, and I wouldn't change a thing. I feel like some of you are family, and I'd really like to attend the 3rd annual AGN convention (I'll be 18 by then.)

I know that this post isn't done, and I could ramble on for a few more paragraphs, but it's late and I need sleep. As a little present to all of you, I think I'll upload a theme I've been working on for the past couple days, as well as a few other things, but I may need some more webspace to get it all uploaded, so if someone could tell me where I can get a good 20 MB of free webspace I'd be happy. Well, goodnight everyone. I love this place, and it' has helped me out in more ways that I can count.

slothman
05-30-2002, 01:44 AM
Congrats. My anniversary was late February. Much of the stuff you did I also learned, including the useless info. I also think AGN has helped me in certain ways. It is sometimes easier to "talk" to people via a computer than real life.

Menokh
05-30-2002, 02:09 AM
My one year anniversary was a couple of days ago. It came and went and I didn't even notice it!

Anyhow, congrats. AGN can be helpful at times, and yet it can be stressful too. Here's to another year!

Cyclone
05-30-2002, 02:21 AM
Happy anniversary, Lord Coffee.

Bows deeply, presenting a cafe latte as he does so. :pimp:

Cyclone

Drunken Tiger
05-30-2002, 03:45 AM
Happy aniversary Rijuhn!!:thumbsup:

I hope you will stay for many years to come!!

Rijuhn
05-30-2002, 02:26 PM
Thank you guys. Thanks for the latté Cyclone I needed that. I did forget to mention that I'm going to stay at AGN as long as AGN or I live. Here's to another year. My presence at AGN will be bigger. I've said this many times before, but no one seems to hear me, AGN has become my online sanctuary, and it's the first site I always go to when I get online, and the last before I sign off.