PDA

View Full Version : Norton AntiVirus 2001 Help

Master Ghaleon
05-29-2002, 11:49 PM
This Cd was like a 4 in 1 deal. it had Norton disk doctor, antivirus, cleansweep and something else

Well 2 days ago I tried to update my virus def using live update. Then it said

"Live update could not create a directory to store temp files. Make sure you have create and write access to the Windows 95/98 All users Directory or the windows NT C0 profiles Directory"

So i uninstalled it using the wizard, Tried to reinstall it, when it was installing the cleansweep it said it didnt install correctly. I got everythng else working right, til i goto I go use live update to update my virus def

"Live update could not create a directory to store temp files. Make sure you have create and write access to the Windows 95/98 All users Directory or the windows NT C0 profiles Directory"

Tried to reinstall the cleansweep, same message!!
Peice of CRAP!!!

Can anyone help me out?? Why cant I get the live update to work and why cant I get the damn cleansweep on my puter agian? Its pissing me off!
:mad:

goKi
05-30-2002, 08:45 AM
use intelligent update from the norton site:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/download.html

you download them and then install them into norton, much easier than liveupdate.. i dont know how to fix that problem though.

Master Ghaleon
05-30-2002, 10:46 AM
Alrighty, Im downloading the Intellingent update, Thanks! :) But if anyone else knows how to fix those problems that im having please Help me