PDA

View Full Version : your preferences?

Seigeless
05-29-2002, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure if most people have certain "preferences" for a computer brand, so I decided to issue a poll. Which of the following brands do you prefer, if at all?
1. Dell
2. HP
3. Compaq
4. IBM
5. Sony
6. Gateway
7. Mac
8. None of the above (please name)
9. None, as long as it works, its fine with me.

The Savior
05-29-2002, 09:50 PM
I like Systemax. Don't get a compaq or gateway, and only buy a sony if you know what you're getting into first.

Master Ghaleon
05-30-2002, 12:27 AM
I Love Dell's, I got something called Emachine now.

goKi
05-30-2002, 12:30 AM
i have never got a computer as a package, i build them myself.

Daarkseid
05-30-2002, 12:31 AM
DELLs and HPs are okay, MACs are nice too if you don't mind having to use a non standard operating system(macOS).

The best thing ultimately to do, though, is to build your own PC. Buy the components yourself for relatively cheap prices and build it yourself.

Menokh
05-30-2002, 12:39 AM
*cough* MacOS is standarized now, and was mostly at the 8.5 level. MacOSX follows industry standard to a tee, while at the same time remaining uniquely macish. Plus Linux works very nicely on Macs.

Anyhow I love macs but don't own one yet. Out of Intel compatible PC makers I'd have to say Dell is my favorite, they make nice and high quality computers. Obviously building your own Intel-compatible PC is the best option, if you're going with Intel or AMD, it is cheaper and usually results in a better PC.

vegeta1215
05-30-2002, 12:42 AM
Pogolinux! They put together some really well made Linux and Linux/Windows XP dual booting machines. I think I'm getting my next computer from them!

http://www.pogolinux.com

Beldaran
05-30-2002, 12:49 AM
I also build my own machines. Cheaper and more fun.

Daarkseid
05-30-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Menokh
*cough* MacOS is standarized now, and was mostly at the 8.5 level. MacOSX follows industry standard to a tee, while at the same time remaining uniquely macish. Plus Linux works very nicely on Macs.

Thats not what I meant. By non standard I meant Not windows. Who cares about industry standards, this is consumer use we're talking, which predominantly demands the windows operating system. It will probably do so for awhile.

Starkist
05-30-2002, 01:11 AM
None of the above.

Either build your own or get it custom built by a small place.