PDA

View Full Version : I'm Not Stupid!!!!!

Masamune
05-29-2002, 08:28 PM
over the last few days i've gotten about 30 instant messages form my fellow AGN members about how i'm uneducated and not smart and things. i won't mention the names (half of the names are not even AGN user names) well i'm sick of it. i'm not a freaking idiot! i don't do drugs! i don't do ANYTHING that would cause unawareness or stupidity! i'm in the gifted class at school! iget straight A's! so quit bothering me whores!

Elemental Knight
05-29-2002, 08:43 PM
There's a difference between typing skills and intelligence, and some people forget that. I've had my stupid moments, but they always have good grammar and few typos. I've had smart moments when I can't type fast enough and have more typos than most (even Masamune). Also, intelligence comes in different forms. Just because I'm good at understanding quantuum theory doesn't mean I have the brains to operate heavy machinery, let alone drive a car (which is a very scary thing, wielding a two-ton machine of mass destruction).

So people need to shut up about who's stupid or smart. The only way to define someone as 'stupid' that I know of would be to observe them pull a lever that they clearly understand to be the "Emergency Reactor Self-Destruct System", knowing full well what it means and with the observer knowing that the person isn't suicidal or even overly curious. This is a scenario that doesn't happen too often; until you see Masamune do something along these lines, SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT HIS INTELLIGENCE LEVEL.

Masamune
05-29-2002, 08:47 PM
yeah... uhhhh.... thanks EK! how do i have bad grammar anyway? i'm just too lazy to use caps in the beginning of sentences.

Skatche
05-29-2002, 08:48 PM
Yes, you act like a complete random-humour fuckwit. But some of the greatest geniuses in the world do too - even me, at kenage's forums. And being good at chess puts you pretty high on my intelligence scale. ; )

Tygore
05-29-2002, 08:49 PM
I'd never actually consider you stupid (considering how you always beet me in chess), but you have to admit, sometimes you act a little crazy. People are going to think things like that when you act like that. And don't blame caffiene, because I consider it a drug.

Masamune
05-29-2002, 08:53 PM
i say random things cause it's what i do! ever member has something that's their's like Z64gld had crazy typing! and breaker has extreme assholeness!

Tygore
05-29-2002, 08:57 PM
And the way you acted at ffglory forums made me feel worse about you.

Rijuhn
05-29-2002, 11:49 PM
I just think some members were feed up with some of the really silly threads you'll start. Usually your posts are one-liners but most of use are okay with it because you don't usually post nonsense, and if you do it's usually funny.

Jer1400
05-29-2002, 11:58 PM
Yeah, a lot of people type a lot different than they actually talk. Its to save time and stuff. Or sometimes when you are typing you make the occasional typo, but you didn't mean it. On several occasions I have misspelled 'the' as teh and 'have' as hvae, hvae, haev.

Daarkseid
05-30-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Masamune
so quit bothering me whores!

I do sympathize since I can't think of anything more ghastly than to have several members message you to tell you that you're stupid, but you should avoid comments like the one I've quoted, as they constitute flaming. And yes, this is a warning. Like I said, avoid such comments in the future.

Rijuhn
05-30-2002, 12:33 AM
Really, that is considered flamming? Even though he didn't directly flame anyone, and whore isn't that bad of a word. Hmm...

Mitsukara
05-30-2002, 01:05 AM
I have no problems with you. I don't really know you all that well, but my impression from my meetings with you is that you're fairly intelligent. True, your mind does seem to dash from place to place randomly, but that doesn't mean you're any less intelligent than an obsessed person, or anyone in-between. Heck, it's a lot more interesting to converse with someone who says all kinds of random things instead of babbling about one thing for hours on end like I do... especially if the babbling is about something no one else cares about.

Drunken Tiger
05-30-2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Masamune
over the last few days i've gotten about 30 instant messages form my fellow AGN members about how i'm uneducated and not smart and things. i won't mention the names (half of the names are not even AGN user names) well i'm sick of it. i'm not a freaking idiot! i don't do drugs! i don't do ANYTHING that would cause unawareness or stupidity! i'm in the gifted class at school! iget straight A's! so quit bothering me whores!

I have never doubted you or anyone elses intelligence here....
So you dont have to worry about me thinking your an idiot.. :)

Silver Darkness
05-30-2002, 06:21 AM
I have faith in your intelligence, but I reject your stereotyping of drug users as intellectually inferior.

obi
05-30-2002, 06:58 AM
I may have said 'what do you expect, he eats chocolate bubble gum' but you should know, that was me just messing aound, one thing I am very kwon for is messing around at home...

No one here is stupid, but If it makes you feel better, niether are you. ;)

Gerudo
05-30-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

I do sympathize since I can't think of anything more ghastly than to have several members message you to tell you that you're stupid, but you should avoid comments like the one I've quoted, as they constitute flaming. And yes, this is a warning. Like I said, avoid such comments in the future. well, in my eyes, if people IM him calling him stupid and such, i would believe he would have every right to retaliate...

The Silent Assassin
05-30-2002, 11:23 AM
You think you get a lot of people calling you stupid...heh...oh boy. Yeah, intelligence on the internet can't be measured perfectly...there's always a way to "cheat" or "act" a different way than you are.

Masamune
05-30-2002, 03:03 PM
i appreciate everyone's attempt to make me feel better. i don't feel that was an actual flame daarkseid since i didn't directly call anyone a whore or mention names. and chocolate bubblegum is a slurpy flavor that Gir drinks a lot.

Fiyerstorm
05-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Be nice to him...he's only like 13. Itz kinda immature to pick on a lil kid. YOU #$&#$(%&$#^%@*%@ ^o^

Link 101
05-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Hey he is kinda like Gir from Invader Zim! He doesn't care what he does or how smart he is. So just leave him alone. As for the guys who aren't from AGN, if you read this you better straighten up and leave Masamune alone as well a everone else here!