PDA

View Full Version : Snes roms on GBA?

LORD APOCALYPSE
05-29-2002, 01:27 PM
I seem to remember something about being able to play snes roms on a GBA, i think it might have been on these forums, and it's bugging me now, does anyone know anything about this? Or is it nes roms?

LordMagus
05-29-2002, 03:07 PM
I believe that was NES roms, using the emulator, PocketNES. No SNES emulator has been made for the GBA.

Fiyerstorm
05-29-2002, 06:37 PM
I doubt there can be a SNES emulator on a GBA...not enough buttons..

Mak-X
05-29-2002, 06:46 PM
I guess its worth mentioning that with the upcoming GCN game, Animal Crossing (Animal Forest + in Japan) and a GBA and the GBA-GCN link, you'll be able to download NES games available in Animal Crossing to your GBA like Punch Out!! and Donkey Kong as long as you keep the power on.

Daarkseid
05-29-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
I guess its worth mentioning that with the upcoming GCN game, Animal Crossing (Animal Forest + in Japan) and a GBA and the GBA-GCN link, you'll be able to download NES games available in Animal Crossing to your GBA like Punch Out!! and Donkey Kong as long as you keep the power on.

Oooh... that game is sounding better and better as I learn more. Thats going to be one game I'll try to get for the GC.

KingArthur
05-30-2002, 07:00 PM
Yes... there is an NES emulator for the GBA available at http://nes.pocketheaven.com , (dont worry, no actual ROMs there.)
I wonder how Nintendo will handle the difference in screen size for the NES games in Animal Crossing. PocketNES can shrink the Sprites and BG, just Sprites, or nothing at all (with either auto sprite follow or L and R scrolling)

MottZilla
05-31-2002, 02:29 PM
Buttons don't mean it can't be emued. Snes could be emued, just not likely full speed or very nicely.