PDA

View Full Version : So You Wanna be a Zelda Superstar? (LoZ Contest)

The Silent Assassin
05-28-2002, 07:40 PM
This contest is for determining the best Zelda 1 Player!

This is ALL THE INFO YOU NEED:

Start Date: June 1st, 2002
Format: ZC 1.90
End Date: July 1st, 2002
Entry Format: zelda.sav
Rules:

1. You must use ZC 1.90. No exceptions.
2. You must play the ORIGINAL quest files, no MODIFIED quest files whatsoever, even if they are PERFECT replicas, THEY WILL NOT COUNT!!!
3. YOU MUST SEND IN YOUR .sav FILE! NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. NO CHEATS. You use them, WE WILL KNOW.
5. NO LATE ENTRIES, PERIOD.

The Ordeal:

Starting on June 1st, go get ZC 1.90 if you do not have it, and OPEN 1st.qst and play through! Once you beat it, you may continue on and beat the 2nd.qst that is automatically loaded when you beat the first quest.

We will have rankings for best 1st quest player, best 2nd quest player, and best overall player.

Ranking System:

You will be ranked based on Time, Items Collected, and Lives Lost. This will be like the MGS2 Ranking System.

You will submit your .sav file. We will upload it, and see your stats. We will enter your name into the database with your statistics, and compare them to others. You will see who has the best time, who collected the most items, and who died the least! The BEST ranking comes to those who have the FASTEST time, the MOST items, and the FEWEST deaths.

What to consider:

That number by your Link icon on the file select menu is how many times you died. Most people can beat the whole game in 000 dies.

When we mean items, we don't just mean collecting them all, we also mean having MAXED bombs (16) and 255 rupees. The best you can do is have every item, 16 bombs in your inventory, and 255 rupees.

Time wise: You should get around 1 hr for the first quest, and around 2hrs for the second.

DUE NOTE:

When we mean your best stats, it is ALL IN ONE RUN! So, if in one run you beat it in 45 mins, but don't have all the items and died twice...it GOES DOWN AS THAT! You can't do a run for best time, then one for most items, and one for fewest deaths...no...all must be done in one run! WE ONLY ACCEPT YOUR "LAST" .sav file you submit before the DEADLINE! All previous ones sent WILL BE OVERRIDED by any new entries! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!! SO BE SURE BEFORE YOU SUBMIT!

Judging:

I am doing the judging, and will ask DN for help if I suspect cheating. I AM NOT ENTERING. If I feel one of you fools gets close to my record, I WILL submit mine just for a "measuring" stick.

I'll give you an average of my best: Dying 000 times, getting EVERYTHING, I beat the game in 52 mins, 37 seconds. 1st quest. 2nd quest, I don't have stats for that are accurate.

Anyway, Good Luck! OH!

E-MAIL ME YOUR FILES!

*b*
05-28-2002, 08:00 PM
well, i'm out, I can't beat 1st in an hour, let alone a day

FinalRaven
05-28-2002, 08:14 PM
ha, i just beat it in 37 minutes, but i never collected everything so... bah! i dont even know where everything is!:blah:

K-Teclis
05-29-2002, 04:46 AM
1st.qst in one hour?
That's impossible for me...

EWild
05-29-2002, 06:22 AM
do u have to pick up compasses and maps??
and is there saving and then continuing??

FinalRaven
05-29-2002, 07:11 AM
also, it doesnt show the actual time you paly for... which sucks because how will you know how much time u played for?

slothman
05-29-2002, 11:26 AM
I know I can beat it quockly but it takes a little (read lot) longer that that. Plus I may die a few times.

The Silent Assassin
05-29-2002, 12:54 PM
Yes it does show your time. On the file menu, press A ONCE, and it will bring up your info.

COMPASSES AND MAPS we do NOT CARE ABOUT. They are pointless, and I never get them either.

And yes, a GOOD POINT:

YOU CAN USE CONTINUE/SAVE BECAUSE IT WAS AVAIALBLE ON THE NES via the 2ND CONTROLLER. You could do a "quick" save and relocate to the start of the game to save time. YOU MAY DO THIS.

FinalRaven
05-29-2002, 03:59 PM
how about one where you cant pick up your sword? and the least amount of hearts! (3) and no rings! that would be hard, and it is skilled on how much you die, but if you go over the 3 heart limit, then you gotta restart, and you cant pick up a sword, not even the first! now tell me that wont be hard!

EWild
05-29-2002, 04:38 PM
thx that helps me A LOT!!!

Thunderbird
05-29-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by FinalRaven
how about one where you cant pick up your sword? and the least amount of hearts! (3) and no rings! that would be hard, and it is skilled on how much you die, but if you go over the 3 heart limit, then you gotta restart, and you cant pick up a sword, not even the first! now tell me that wont be hard!

If you're talking about having people BEAT the quest like that, it is impossible. Ganon can only be harmed for the first phase by a magic sword. And to get it, obviously you need 12 hearts ;).

It could also be hard to bypass some of the heart containers you get after destroying enemies, as they sometimes appear in a hallway that is only 1 square wide/long (therefore Link must pick the heart up). I think only Level 1 and 7 (or is it 1 and 8? Whichever are the 2 with Aquamentus).

Here's a question (although I have no intention of participating cause I'd lose ;)): Is the zelda.sav file required to contain only 1 save?

The Silent Assassin
05-29-2002, 07:23 PM
1. It is possible to beat the game in only 3 Heart Containers. HOWEVER, YOU DO NEED A SWORD TO BEAT THE GAME. You can use the Magic Wand as a "white" sword until Ganon, which you need SOME sword to fight him.

SO:

Whoever beats the game with the LEAST heart containers...that is ALSO now factored in. The sword thing we can't check...so...sorry.

THe .sav file can have MULTIPLE files...BUT THE FIRST FILE MUST BE YOUR ENTRY!

EWild
05-30-2002, 06:20 AM
But how do u ski some hearts after beating the bosses??? Iv tried and failed.

FinalRaven
05-30-2002, 08:05 AM
yea ur right, you cant beat ganon without the magic sword but you can get to him without even getting a single sword... and i never tried to get no hearts but yea, i think its imposible to not get any hearts... because the first boss, its right at the door so you must pick it up... unless you dont want to pick up the triforce piece!

The Silent Assassin
05-30-2002, 11:51 AM
OK...in ZELDA...you can STAND halfway up on a "tile" even if it is SOLID. I believe you can walk "past" the HC if yo do this. IF NOT, then fine...LEAST HCs matters...

Jer1400
05-31-2002, 01:41 AM
So far my best time is 42 minutes. I must beat the game again! Must get 30 minutes!

C-Dawg
05-31-2002, 01:46 AM
Eh, I 'll just copy a save state from another file with all the items. Hooray me, best time ever.

-C

The Silent Assassin
05-31-2002, 05:03 PM
Remember...time isn't the only thing guys!

A person who beats the game in 30 mins, but gets only half the items, all hearts, and dies a few times does NOT beat a person who say...beats the game in 60 minutes, with all items, 3 hearts, no deaths...

YES, there is a point system to this. NO, I am not giving it out. I will reveal it when the deadline is here.