PDA

View Full Version : Dammit... the time is NOW!

Cronic
05-28-2002, 02:14 PM
After much hesitation I've decided to leave work early, grab and cash my check and then get me a damned PS2 =) I've hesitated long enough, but dammit today is the day!

Funny thing is I plan on instituting a no DVD (movie) use rule to protest my dislike for em hehe... But yeaj I like to wait fopr price drops and think spending full price on anything is for suckers, but I just can't resist no more =)

I mean christ I already own 4 games and a memory card... it's about time dont ya think? ;)

Daarkseid
05-28-2002, 02:49 PM
Whats the whole dislike over DVDs for?

And yeah, I'd say its about time you got a PS2...

Cronic
05-28-2002, 04:20 PM
DVD's until completely mainstream are useless to me... and apparently the time is not infact now, but instead later this afternoon...

I stood infront of my local game trader store (not because I had to, but because I always like to give my buisness to the little guy) and even though I waited like 30 minutes for the guy to return from lunch when he did they were sold out till next week :/

So this means I'll go to BlockBuster and get one tonight... which is weird because I NEVER pay them for anything...

mrz84
05-28-2002, 04:48 PM
omg, DC paying for something? what is this world coming to? ya i havent gotten a ps2 yet myself. i think i should soon. :kawaii:

Fiyerstorm
05-28-2002, 05:24 PM
Hmm...I could use some of my B-Day to buy one....I have the money to spare for the PS2, Memory Card, and 1 Game....Then I'll have all 3 systems!

zables
05-28-2002, 06:26 PM
man just how much money do you have? you already have two of the systems!? im still trying to decided what 1 i want to buy, and im having hard time, but its pretty much between PS2 and GameCube, cuz well needless to say, the only good game on X-Box is Halo

Cronic
05-28-2002, 08:05 PM
It is done....

:)

Daarkseid
05-28-2002, 09:01 PM
DVD's until completely mainstream are useless to me... and apparently the time is not infact now, but instead later this afternoon...

How mainstream do you want? DVDs outsold VHS casettes last year and now electronics stores offer more models of DVD players than VHS. And some movies are no longer sold in VHS, just DVD only.

Right now the only thing the VHS has over DVD is the ease in which you can record things on VHS... recording onto DVDs in the same fashion as a VHS requires some extra hardware, that is for some people prohibitively expensive at this point.

Otherwise, DVDs are superior to VHS in virtually every way...

Cronic
05-28-2002, 09:14 PM
Well as soon as it becomes difficult to find a VHS cassete. Basically the only reason I even own a VCR is to stockpile my favorites shows... and if I can do that with 2 bucks and a dvd player then by all means tell me how ;)

and hell... the only reason I bought a DVD player is because it came attached to something I actually liked.

mrz84
05-28-2002, 09:20 PM
i plan on getting a ps2 and a GC. x-crap? im not touching that thing with a pulitzer prize attached to a 100 foot poll. :kawaii:

Beldaran
05-28-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by mrz84
x-crap? im not touching that thing with a pulitzer prize attached to a 100 foot poll. :kawaii:

ooh, how intelligent and informed of you.

mrz84
05-28-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran

ooh, how intelligent and informed of you.

:eyebrow: is that it? i would of expected something more sarcastic from my own brother. :kawaii: