PDA

View Full Version : The Real Zelda Contest

The Silent Assassin
05-27-2002, 10:17 PM
I decided to make a contest that is not about making games, but beating them. I am currently creating a rubric for a contest to see who can do the best in a "Legend of Zelda" game contest using Zelda Classic.

Placement will be based on best time, most items, and fewest deaths. No cheats, cuz we can check.

Basically, you beat the game. You send in your Zelda .sav file. We check it out. That is how it works.

Let me know what you all think.

Nick
05-27-2002, 10:21 PM
Sounds like a cool idea, however, because of the Custom Quest Contest, I wouldn't have the time. :(

I'm sure other people would like it though. :)

*b*
05-27-2002, 10:31 PM
Sounds really cool, but what 's the quest we have to beat?

VGWarrior
05-27-2002, 11:37 PM
Probably something that TSA makes. Knowing him, it WILL be difficult.

JayeM
05-28-2002, 03:06 AM
Finally a contest for the players! TSA, are you going to run it or would you rather be a competitor? If we still had Quest of the Week, you could have a contest with that quest every week...or maybe make it Quest of the Month.

EWild
05-28-2002, 06:28 AM
WHOOOOOOOO!! Finally a contest that im great at. But what game???

plith
05-28-2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
I am currently creating a rubric for a contest to see who can do the best in a "Legend of Zelda" game contest using Zelda Classic.

Pay attention people. He means 1st.qst. :whap: As in "Legend of Zelda" game contest not with a ROM, and not by taking a picture that includes the system so that we know you're not cheeeeating.

JayeM
05-28-2002, 08:35 AM
A "Legend of Zelda" game does not necessarily equal 1st quest. Lots of custom quests include LoZ at the beginning of their title.

EWild
05-28-2002, 10:17 AM
i know not a rom or anything else but JayeM is right lots of games have LoZ in the front and its most likely a quest TSA makes. I hope its good which it will probably be anyways!

K-Teclis
05-28-2002, 12:14 PM
Sounds cool! But I have no time... :(

Cyclone
05-28-2002, 12:31 PM
JayeM, the actual Quest of the Week (http://questdb.armageddongames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=18) forum is still up. There are nine listed, I recall. I've just temporarily delayed QOTW nominations further.

Even with the goings-on, the good old QDB (http://questdb.armageddongames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi) will remain. :D

Cyclone

Raichu86
05-28-2002, 01:26 PM
Sounds interesting. But people could still cheat at it. Example: They can replace their first quest with the example one, give themselves all items and hearts (by adding them to the screens, not by cheating), then go beat all the dungeons.

This could also be done with any specific quest. Just make a quest of the same name, give yourself all the items, then replace the quest and go beat everything.

That could be a problem. :shrug:

Jer1400
05-28-2002, 03:57 PM
Sounds cool. Heh, now I will have another one to beat! I have beaten all of the ones by nintendo already.

Young Cloud
05-28-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Raichu86
Sounds interesting. But people could still cheat at it. Example: They can replace their first quest with the example one, give themselves all items and hearts (by adding them to the screens, not by cheating), then go beat all the dungeons.

This could also be done with any specific quest. Just make a quest of the same name, give yourself all the items, then replace the quest and go beat everything.

That could be a problem. :shrug:
But after you beat a custom quest it says Congratulations! You beat a CUSTOM quest.

plith
05-28-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by JayeM
A "Legend of Zelda" game does not necessarily equal 1st quest. Lots of custom quests include LoZ at the beginning of their title.

The Real Zelda Contest

Really now. Why would TSA have a contest where people beat a quest that he probably rates below the first quest? That and unless he wants me to lynch him for working on something besides L:THF, he won't make one himself.

The Silent Assassin
05-28-2002, 07:26 PM
OK, I thought you all would know me better...

THIS IS FOR THE ORIGINAL LEGEND OF ZELDA 1ST QUEST! YOU MUST USE ZC 1.90! YOU MUST SEND US THE SAVE FILE. IT WILL TELL US IF YOU CHEATED OR MOVED ANYTHING AROUND, SO DON'T BOTHER.

Sorry to make another thread...but I'm announcing it more formally.

Bloodstar64
05-28-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
YOU MUST USE ZC 1.90!

Heeey now. Aint that a little unfair to us people who can't use 1.90 on there systems. Besides Beta 152 player is out anyways so why not use that?

The Silent Assassin
05-29-2002, 12:59 PM
You don't need sound. ZC 1.90 RUNS on any Windows format, just NO SOUND. If it isn't running, DISABLE THE SOUND FILES in the AGConfig file, and it will run.

IF YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN'T RUN the damn thing cuz you're too stupid (jk), we'll work with you on a build you can that we will accept.

Raichu86
05-29-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Young Cloud
But after you beat a custom quest it says Congratulations! You beat a CUSTOM quest.

Not really. You can have your hacked up quest be the 1st quest.

I take it from the sound of what TSA is saying that they will be able to read the .sav and learn where the items were picked up? :odd: