PDA

View Full Version : Green or Gray?

Cronic
05-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Which do you prefer for the ZC theme...

I like the gray myself, and it's something different from other themes right now... It's soft on the eyes and easy to read, but still there are many out there that I guess want green or something. Persoanlly minus a few color tweaks and a few button additions I think it's fine the way it is...

I went with grays and blacks because it reminds me of DN... Oh well I guess. which do you prefer?

Fiyerstorm
05-27-2002, 05:45 PM
It's fine the way it is now, but if you use a grayish-green it will be better.

EDIT: typo...

itschris
05-27-2002, 05:47 PM
Could you have a gray ZC theme and a green one? That way almost everyone would be happy.

Cronic
05-27-2002, 05:51 PM
That's kinda what I was thinkin...

either that or put the gray to use in another theme perhaps.

Dracula
05-27-2002, 07:04 PM
I'd say make two themes, like one being the overworld, and the other being a temple/labrynth or something. That would be kinda cool, IMO.

Jemsee
05-27-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Dracula
I'd say make two themes, like one being the overworld, and the other being a temple/labrynth or something. That would be kinda cool, IMO.

I like this idea too.
From what I understand the theams don't take up much space and folks are having fun making them. So why not make two.
I don't want to be picky but I just thought a ZC in green tones would be neet. I am afraid now someone will go to all the trouble and do this and then I woun't use it anyway.
But as I have often said befor it is always nice to have a choise.

Cronic
05-27-2002, 07:10 PM
That's a DAMN good idea man...

The current Grey is more or less the theme for level 8 too =)

JayeM
05-27-2002, 07:21 PM
Love the gray, not thrilled with the logo...

Cloral
05-27-2002, 10:21 PM
How about a DN theme too?

christiankhs
05-27-2002, 10:22 PM
both

EDIT ups:sweat: i cant vote twice so i chose green for accident

The Silent Assassin
05-27-2002, 10:24 PM
I do not like the current one. It doesn't feel anything like Zelda.

christiankhs
05-27-2002, 10:31 PM
yea h try a more golden color better

Cronic
05-27-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
I do not like the current one. It doesn't feel anything like Zelda.

That's because I was thinking of Zelda Classic... or rather the programmer when I came up with colors for AZC... Originally it was black and red, but then I moved more silvers and grays because those were the shades of DN's avatar at the time... Now that may not have been the best representation of Zelda 1 or even ZC, but it was what came to mind...

I don't much care for the way the lighter gray on the mainpage... but like I said all of this will be fixed...

I was thinking since we have the ability to import back grounds that I should make that look like the level 8 dungeon border or floors, and from there even the tones in the scheme itself to match with the dungeon. Making then the logo which would be the map from the Z! manual... I'll pull up a pic in a second, but that's why were here. To brainstorm and thus create a perfect theme.

As far as a green one goes... Just so long as it doesn't look like the Tileshop I'm ok.

As far as logos go what do you guys think should be used? I was thinking of Z1 manual art myself... or sopmething to that effect at least.

Edit: Here's the pic for the dungeon theme... although how to work in AGN is beyond me, but I'm sure someone could think of something.

http://absolutezeldaclassic.homestead.com/files/AZC_DrawnDungeonMap_Story.gif

The Silent Assassin
05-27-2002, 11:26 PM
If you could impose "Armageddon" onto the "shield" logo where it is red, and then have "Forums" as the black sub-script...that'd be phat.