PDA

View Full Version : CD ROM isn't reading my game disc

Brasel
05-27-2002, 05:06 PM
My CD ROM drive on my dad's computer won't read my computer game disc. It won't bring it up in auto run, and when i go through my computer, it says: "Please Insert a Disk into Drive E"

What the hell?

MottZilla
05-27-2002, 05:17 PM
The drive may require cleaning or parts replaced, if you are sure that it's not the CD with problems. You could probably get another drive fairly cheap. Even a writer too.

Brasel
05-27-2002, 05:22 PM
Oh Yeah! I have a cd writer here on the desk that isn't installed! I forgot all about it.

Cyclone
05-27-2002, 11:09 PM
I had a similar problem I posted about. I installed a game, and found I could not run it. I still have no answer regarding why, either, even though I contacted every party I could think of. Some customer service: "We don't know that one, so I guess we don't have to answer that."

Cyclone

Brasel
05-28-2002, 01:45 AM
Well, at least your drive is reading your disc!

LORD APOCALYPSE
05-28-2002, 07:00 AM
If the light on the cd drive don't flicker and stays on, more than likely your drive is fucked! Happened to me a while ago and the repair man told me to watch out for that in the future.

Drunken Tiger
05-28-2002, 07:38 AM
That happened a while back when i was installing Max Payne.. Turned out the cd was stuffed... I tried my friend's cd and it worked fine... Maybe its just your cd...:shrug:

Brasel
05-28-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by LORD APOCALYPSE
If the light on the cd drive don't flicker and stays on, more than likely your drive is fucked! Happened to me a while ago and the repair man told me to watch out for that in the future.

Looks like I need a new CD Drive for my computer. The computer is a piece of shit gateway anyway, maybe that will convince my dad to buy a new one.

Cyclone
05-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Gateway? No, no...get an Aptiva. That's what mine is, and it works. :)

Well, except for the one CD in the damn drive. Might be time to invest in a new one. :laughing:

Cyclone