PDA

View Full Version : Any Everquest players?

Breaker
05-27-2002, 04:16 PM
If so, post your character's name/race/class/religeon and server that you play on.

I just started a Troll warrior on Vazaelle(sp?). Any tips on leveling up and/or making the platinum?

Shadowblazer
05-27-2002, 04:21 PM
I believe all my relevant information is in my sig ;) And yes, you spelled vaz right.

Hmm, tips on levelling up... well since you're a warrior you're gonna need to learn how to work in a group. For the first few levels it probably won't matter much. Run around Innothule Swamp and kill stuff ;) Since you don't lose experience or have to find your corpse before level 10, you can figure out what kind of mobs you can handle and what will hand you your ass. Try killing things that con even (white or black, depending on which view you're in) or yellow. I've never played a warrior so I don't know if you can handle yellow shit but you probably can.

As far as plat is concerned... well, unless a high-level friend ( ;) ) decides to make it easy for you, you won't be seeing much of that for awhile. Most of the crap you kill will drop maybe a few silver if you're lucky. But that'll quickly change as you get into the teens and 20's...

Breaker
05-27-2002, 04:30 PM
Speaking of which, do you plan on playing the game today? I would like to work on my dark elf magician but no clue how to get out of the starting location. (I figure I could drown myself and spawn outside, I'll probably do this.)

Shadowblazer
05-27-2002, 04:43 PM
Drowning yourself or attacking a guard are both viable options for escape ;) Neriak can be a tough place to navigate if you're new to the game (hell, any city can be). I may or may not play today... for the next 4 days I'm working 12-10 so my playtime is a bit limited (I may get on when I get off work tonight at 10).

Friday starts my month off though so I'll be on regularly ;)

inori
05-27-2002, 04:44 PM
Ah yes, Evercrack. Is that game really as addictive as I've heard? If so, maybe I should steer clear...

BTW, what's the monthly fee to play?

Breaker
05-27-2002, 04:46 PM
It's around 12.95 a month, but your first month is free.

Shadowblazer
05-27-2002, 05:00 PM
Yes inori, first month is freee! So no worries... if you don't like it, you don't have to shell out the cash. But if you dooo like it... well now, $13.95 isn't all that much is it? Quality entertainment it is, yesss, mmm...

Give yourself to the Quest...

Breaker
05-27-2002, 05:09 PM
Heh, on the box it displays 9.95...though when I created my account it sprung up to 12.95, now you say it's 13? ;)

The Silent Assassin
05-27-2002, 10:02 PM
I was a Paladin from Qeynos for 10 levels on the Schaz (something) server. I only said I'd play till I dinged level 10, and I did. THe cool thing was some oldbie gave me a 25/48 5 AC 2 hand piercing weapon (new item, too) that made me extremely uber for a newb. However, I don't have EQ anymore, and I really didn't think it was that great.

Shadowblazer
05-27-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Breaker
Heh, on the box it displays 9.95...though when I created my account it sprung up to 12.95, now you say it's 13? ;) I lied... it's $12.95 :D I was thinking that 12 is almost 13 and that confused me and... well, it was just confusing and shit.

*b*
05-27-2002, 11:53 PM
What's everquest?

C-Dawg
05-28-2002, 12:13 AM
It's shit, basically. The bastard child of Quake 1 and any ol' Telnet MUD. People who have no life, no friends, and are obcessed with leveling up their character get addicted, and the rest of us laugh at them. So, really, it's entertainment for all.

-C