PDA

View Full Version : Which GAMECUBE game(s) should I buy?

AtmaWeapon
05-27-2002, 11:20 AM
OK, I have plenty of money right now, and to get something on my credit record I'm getting a small loan (about $500) from the bank next time I can get there. Here's my situation:

I have a $300 check from my grandmother and the $500 from the loan. I want to spend the loan on getting a new CD player for my car, and maybe some good speakers, but I have to talk to one of my friends to see if that's enough. I want to spend the $300 on the GC, so if I buy one game, that leaves me with about $70 extra, and if I buy two games I'll only have about $20 extra. I want SSBM, and unless I hear something grotesquely negative about it, I will buy it as game 1. Game 2 is tougher. I am planning to buy RE for game 2, if I buy game 2 at all. So, get to voting and I'll see what your advice tells me to do!

Ultra22Lemming
05-27-2002, 11:23 AM
Game-1 should definately be SSBM.
Game-2 I suggest Gauntlet Dark Legacy if you have a lot of friends with gamecube, or Simpsons Road Rage which is a lot of fun, or RE which I don't have

Games not to get - Luigi's Mansion or Pikimin

obi
05-27-2002, 11:31 AM
Pikmin is a good laugh,

Youmight want to check outThat sonic game, my cousin has got it, but the multiplayer is slightly, uneventfull but the race is a good laugh....I haven't played played oneplayer so i can rate that.

The sar wars game is pretty good if your into that kinda thing though. :)

The Thing
05-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Yea Luigi's Mansion and Pikimin are good games to rent.

If your a fan of zelda there should be a game out for game cube soon though I'm not sure if its gonna be as good as others.

Mak-X
05-27-2002, 12:50 PM
Zelda won't be out until Febuary at the least.

If you wanted SSBM, then you should just buy it, its a great game for GCN.
Just get SSBM and Resident Evil then. SSBM is one of the best games for GCN, unless you find Smash Bros. awful.

Pikmin is probably good for a rental because its short, not because its a bad game. It is not for gamers who only like Action game though. I really want to buy Pikmin so I can play it, but I can't spend anymore money on games now. It's kind of like a RTS, but its mainly Adventure. I'd really like to see a sequel with a much bigger 1player game. I got to about 15-20parts when I rented it and the only thing after that is to play it over again, or play challenge and try to get a high score on rearranged levels. That games a lot of fun. Kinda hard with the day's timelimit but that makes it difficult.

If your a fan of Star Wars, you must buy Rogue Leader.

The two games I had to have a Gamecube for this Christmas was Super Smash Bros. Melee and Star Wars Rogue Leader.

*b*
05-27-2002, 12:59 PM
I'd wait for star fox, that's my next game (hopefully for my bday!)

cyberkitten
05-27-2002, 01:22 PM
simpsons road rage is addictive in a baaaaad way. we rented it for ps2 and i couldn't put the controller down until the game had to be returned.

AlexMax
05-27-2002, 01:37 PM
The cube is 149. It was 199. Dont confuse it with the X-Cox or the PS2.

So you should be able to get one more game with that as well...

AtmaWeapon
05-27-2002, 01:45 PM
No, AlexMax, I did the math as soon as I got the money and prices, and there's not enough.
$149.99 Price of GCN
$ 49.99 Price of game at Wal-mart

If you add the GCN price and two games, and add 7% sales tax, you get a total of $267.47, and the remaining $32.53 is not enough for a third game. I'll probably try and get another controller or a memory card or something with that.

Looks like I'm buying SSBM and RE, so far...

On another note, what color GCN should I get? The only choices are the purple ones and the black one, and I am leaning for the black one.

MountainDrew023
05-27-2002, 02:09 PM
Super Smash Bros. definatley

DO NOT GET PIKMIN!
1. Its really lame
2. pikmin are dumb, suicidal creatures!

Jemsee
05-27-2002, 02:15 PM
What about "Luigi's Mansion" it looked fun in the store when I messed with it?
I guess it depends on what kind of game you like.

MountainDrew023
05-27-2002, 02:19 PM
Luigi's Mansion is too easy! I beat it in about a week. Plus, Its a little strange.

plith
05-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Uhhh

I liked playing Sonic in the Wal Mart I went to, and Ultra22Lemming insisted we get Gauntlet instead... but I dunno... get Sonic.

MottZilla
05-27-2002, 03:01 PM
Get the Jet Black GC. That's what I got (it was the last black on they had in stock at the time) and I like it. The indigo is not very nice. :p

And on GC, I have SSBM and RE. Both are great games. Probably some of the best you can get right now for GC. But if you aren't a big fan of RE, I wouldn't tell you to get it. If you don't like the RE style that's not good. Some people get used to it, others don't. But if you played it on another system and liked it, get it for GC.

Mak-X
05-27-2002, 06:47 PM
Pikmin is not dumb. Did you ever beat it, MountainDrew023? Well I haven't, but I got far enough to really like it! But like I've said, its not for everyone. I just found it to be an original and fun game.

I got the Indigo (purple) Gamecube and Indigo controllers. I asked for it too. I didn't want black because it was too cold, or too much the color of my N64. I wanted the Purple, and I guess in a way it reminds me of the later palaces in Zelda 2 with their colors. It was a dark enough purple for me. Reminds me more of Games than black. I'm not sure if I'd get the Japan only Spice Orange though...eh I think I might I like orange.

I think I want Sonic 2 Adventure. It was on display at Toys R Us and, the music in the background, actually had singing! Plus I like the kind of game I think Sonic is with its platforming stuff comparable to Super Mario 64.

I've only got about $50 left to spend so I think I'm going to save it for when Super Mario Sunshine comes out.

MountainDrew023
05-27-2002, 07:19 PM
Yeah i beat it! Its to bizarre for me. The plot is lame and. Its easy. But i swear there sucidal! when your fighting the final boss Emeror Fat-thing-with-big-dumb-toungue(AKA Bulbax) the pikmin just walk right up to him and then there lunch. You need hundreds before you can beat him

Master Ghaleon
05-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Resident Evil and Super Smash Bros are the best games out for it, I got both of them and NBA 2k2 and Sonic 2 for it.

MottZilla
05-28-2002, 01:01 AM
I got SA2 on DC. :p It cost me less than 1$. And it's just as good if not better than the GC port.

Cronic
05-28-2002, 02:17 AM
I hate star wars yet I love the rogue series... this one is awesome.

Road Rage is also suprisingly good for the fact that it's a simpsons game, and I'll also suggest melee as well.