PDA

View Full Version : Lyric Guessing Game

Cyclone
05-26-2002, 10:10 PM
I started this in the Music Metropolis, but it's getting nothing, so...

Here's the idea. You are given a lyric. You guess the song it comes from. Simple, no?

When giving a lyric, you need to provide the genre of the song, and also the year if you know it. That way, we aren't cycling through songs from 2001 looking for a 1969 lyric. :kawaii:

I'll start with the very lyric that is getting no response in the other forum.

I've been alive forever
And I wrote the very first song
I put the words and the melodies together
I am music

The fourth line isn't complete. The title is on that line.

This is a 1975 classic, which was classified as Contemporary Pop according to the CD I ripped it from.

Cyclone

Happyman
05-26-2002, 10:14 PM
Ok, sounds decent. I'll give mister lyrics game a try.

"I came into this world as a reject..."

It's already too easy.

Breaker
05-26-2002, 10:29 PM
[Suggestion] Perhaps doing recent songs that the youth of this forum could figure out would be a better direction to take the game, Cyclone. [/Suggestions]

mrz84
05-26-2002, 10:34 PM
come one breaky, litten up a little. i think that one was a good one and that theyre are enough people here at agn that can get these lyric questions right. :kawaii:

Cyclone
05-26-2002, 10:41 PM
Breaker, it was a 1975 lyric. That's 27 years. Some of these people must have heard the song at least once.

Granted, I first heard it...a few days ago. :shy:

Also, it's like questions about 1927 movies showing up in "Who Wants To Be A Genius?"...

Besides, this song was rereleased recently.

Cyclone

Drunken Tiger
05-27-2002, 06:57 AM
I posted the answer in MM..

Didnt know that it was here as well..:rolleyes:

I Write Songs

By Bruce Johnston

Cyclone
05-27-2002, 01:04 PM
Nope.

Not the one I'm thinking, NEway. But if I download that one later and find the same lyrics, I'll give it to you.

Cyclone

Drunken Tiger
05-28-2002, 04:06 AM
Im pretty sure its the same....

What happened to MM???

Cyclone
05-28-2002, 12:26 PM
Music Metropolis went the way of every inactive forum here.

That's all I shall say. :)

I hadn't heard that song before (that you mention), but the title is pretty damn similar. I found a site to download stuff from yesterday, and thus didn't download the song; thus, I'll give it to you now and look later.

Cyclone