PDA

View Full Version : Custom Bosses

Yobumcha
05-26-2002, 07:35 PM
I didn't know where to put this.In the Discussion or here.
If it's in the wrong place move it.

But anyway does anybody have any Ideas For custom bosses.
I'm thinking about making a Custom boss database on my site which is currently down.If you have any ideas post em here
or PM them to me.

Happyman
05-26-2002, 07:40 PM
Huh?

This might belong in ZC Suggestions if you're saying you want custom bosses.

What ARE you saying?

VEL
05-26-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Happyman
Huh?

This might belong in ZC Suggestions if you're saying you want custom bosses.

What ARE you saying?

Custom bosses are already possible.

Yobumcha
05-26-2002, 09:21 PM
I just want a website to make creating custom bosses 10X easier

Just to give people ideas.:)

VEL
05-26-2002, 09:34 PM
You can change an enemies graphics to make them look like an "eye" then put them in an area they can't move, and make the tiles around them the bosses "body", so that you can kill the bosses "eyes", and have secret flags get rid of the body after both "eyes" are killed.

K-Teclis
05-27-2002, 09:00 AM
I think he means real custom bosses...

Like that: A beast with a big shield... staying on one place
you can't hurt it! It shoots fireballs at you and you have to try with mirrors to it his back with the wand...
or something like that..

Nick
05-27-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by K-Teclis

Like that: A beast with a big shield... staying on one place
you can't hurt it! It shoots fireballs at you and you have to try with mirrors to it his back with the wand...
or something like that..

That's the boss to one of my dungeons. ;)

Custom bosses can be anything now. The only database you could possibly make would just have custom boss graphics in it.

Yobumcha
05-27-2002, 03:37 PM
Just put step by step simple instructions kinda like VEL did.Then you'll get credited on the boss.I gess I'll have to start my website by scratch:angry:

Nick
05-27-2002, 05:45 PM
Oh, that's what you want...

You could, make a big graphic of say... a big blob on one layer. You could have some invisible flame enemies inside of it that you flick with the boomerang. After killing all of the flames, an enemy->secret flag goes off creating pits to another room with the same boss. The difference would be that he would start shooting fireballs and sending enemies out at you. You would repeat the process until you want him to die.

Is that what you were looking for?

C-Dawg
05-28-2002, 12:14 AM
Kariyu and I gave some pretty god-damn specific instructions in a thread with the same name as this one a few days ago. Go hunting in the forums. I'd tell you to use the search feature, but some genius decided that we couldnt use it anymore...

-C

VEL
05-28-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by C-Dawg
Kariyu and I gave some pretty god-damn specific instructions in a thread with the same name as this one a few days ago. Go hunting in the forums. I'd tell you to use the search feature, but some genius decided that we couldnt use it anymore...

-C Here it is! (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56596)

Yobumcha
05-28-2002, 04:17 PM
yeah. That's exactly what I want Nick.C-dawg if it's ok could I put that info on my site?

Any more Sugustions

C-Dawg
05-28-2002, 05:00 PM
It doesnt matter to me. But I think it's better suited for the tutorial over at zeldaclassic.com or in a tutorial section on PureZC.

-C