PDA

View Full Version : Continuing (may be bug)

Happyman
05-26-2002, 09:21 AM
First of all, I am using 1.92 (104)

If this is a bug, which it may be, can someone move it to the ZC Bug Center.

Well, I can't get continue locations to work right. It likes to continue on the top left corner of the map. It might help to know what the "Continue Here" check box does. I am absolutely sure about the coordinates. And don't get me wrong: I am a ZQuest expert, but only joined the forums recently.

Well? :confuse2:

plith
05-26-2002, 09:25 AM
The "Continue From Here" checkbox is for when the player saves and quits. Normally, he would restart on DMap 0, but now he restarts at the last DMap he was on that had "Continue From Here" checked. As for your problem, I think I might've heard of it before, and it might've been a bug, but I'm not completely sure. For now, try using a different DMap for that area.

*b*
05-26-2002, 11:58 AM
did you set the screen where Link was supposed to continue in?

Immortal Warrior
05-26-2002, 02:24 PM
Make sure, if its a dungeon you plan to die in, you get into it with a warp of type entrance exit, if you use anything other than an entrance/exit warp to get to another DMAP, the continue will be set to the RELATIVE co-ordinates of the continue screen of the last DMAP you entrance exit warped to. That doesn't make much sense, so I'll explain. Lets assume your overworld continue is set to screen 00, and you use an insta warp to warp to a screen on a DMAP with the continue set to screen 10, when you die on the second DMAP, you will continue on screen 00 regardless of the second DMAPs continue point. However, if you entrance/exit warp to the second DMAP and die, you will continue on screen 10 as you had selected :)
Hope that made some sort of sense

Happyman
05-26-2002, 05:59 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Sorry, but that explains things perfectly!