PDA

View Full Version : You know what would be cool.....

Kirov Airship
05-26-2002, 12:27 AM
.....If they made a Castlvania: Symphony of the Night style game with the Star Wars universe. Finding different Star Wars weapons in hidden parts of some huge Star Wars locale would be awesome. If you thought Alucard was good with his swords, imagine a full blown Jedi ripping through his enemies.

A Zelda: Ocarina of Time style Star Wars would be cool as well.

Maybe I'm just caught in Episode II fever. Forgive me.

Mak-X
05-26-2002, 01:51 AM
Try Shadows of the Empire for N64 if you haven't. Its a Star Wars action/adventure.

Daarkseid
05-26-2002, 04:50 AM
The closest I've seen was the Super Star Wars series on the SNES, which were pretty decent platformers, or at least Super Star Wars was. In addition to some very repititve levels, and tons of enemy killing(all over the place), you also had mode 7 levels in vehicles, such as when you're in the land speeder heading to the Jawa vehicle and again when going to Mos Eisley.

The coolest part of this game though was the last two stages, where you pilot an X-wing in the battle against the Death Star. The first level shows your X-wing in 3rd person view over a mode 7 scaling Death Star surface where you shoot down Ties and gun towers. The final stage is where you're in cockpit view going down the trench, with Tie fighters coming at you. The final part is to fire off the proton torpedo at the right moment, or else you're sent back out onto the Death Star surface to fight more TIEs and towers.

The platform stages weren't so great, but they did have some enemies pulled from the movies and you did get to use a Lightsaber(if you played as Luke). You could also play as Han or Chewie when you get those characters.

I never played Super Empire Strikes Back or Super Return of the Jedi but they're just as good or better, especially since by this time, Luke gets to use force powers.

A non linear RPGish Star Wars like game could be cool, provided the story made sense, or the situation makes sense. Otherwise, it would be fun anyway.

Mak-X
05-26-2002, 11:41 AM
There is a Star Wars RPG coming to Xbox.

The Super Star Wars games were sooo hard. You'd probably have to use the debug/stage select code to see most of the stages without a lot of practice. Super Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were just like Super Star Wars. The last stage in Super Return of the Jedi had you piloting the Millenium Falcon through the Death, in the narrow tight passages.

I'm pretty sure Shadows of the Empire (N64) was made by the same group (Factor 5) that did the Super Star Wars games (and later did Rogue Squadron). Shadows of the Empire was like the Super Star Wars games in that some stages you pilotted a veichle and the rest was a 3rd person adventure where you used a blaster to take out storm troopers. The first stage has you on the Battle of Hoth taking down AT-ATs in the Snow Speeder. This was the model for Rogue Leader. The next stage has Dash Render (the main character) at Echo base after the battle where you have to make it through Echo base to get to Dash's. Just as you enter, the Millenium Falcon takes off. The base is filled with Storm Troopers and Probes. The main part of the game has you controlling Dash in 3rd person with some platforming elements and mainly going alone through the stages picking up ammo and shooting Storm Troopers. One long stage has Dash going after Boba Fett to try to get Han Solo from him that's forzen in carbonite. The veichle stages include a speeder bike race through Mos Eisley and beggers Canon to stop a group of Bounty Hunters from getting to Luke, Dash's escape from Hoth where you shoot down ties from the cockpit of his ship, and a free range space battle at the end of the game which is more like Rogue Squadron.

Kirov Airship
05-26-2002, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I've played Shadows, and Super Empire Strikes Back, and while those were good games, they aren't what I'm talking about. I'm currently playing through Jedi Knight 2 and that's got some great lightsaber action.
I know about the X-Box RPG, but don't plan on ever buying an X-Box so that makes no difference to me, except if it gets ported over to other systems.
One Star Wars game I'm looking forward to is Clone Wars, with all the vehicle combat and the psuedo-RTS multiplayer mode. It looks promising.