PDA

View Full Version : Extended Play: E3 Coverage

Mak-X
05-25-2002, 10:18 PM
This week's episode of Extended Play was full of previews of games at E3.

Super Mario Sunshine was shown. The new Super Mario game looks great. They said that it takes from the older games with lots of platforming. This game is the proper sequel to Super Mario 64. Mario jumped and ran all over the place with tons of platforms. Mario rode around on Yoshi's back. Mario could do the stomp move (Jump then Z button on SM64) to stomp down pegs. Mario could wall jump off of walls. He used his water gun to squirt water. Running around on paint on the ground, Mario got more and more dirty. The level seemed full of stuff to do and jump to. This is Super Mario Sunshine, the next Super Mario Bros. game and sequel to Super Mario 64.

Zelda is shown at the end. It. It looks great. Stop whining about the graphics, even Adam Sessler said so. Gameplay just like Ocarina of Time. Link was doing the whirling blade technique. He locked onto targets with a cursor like Z-targeting. The Zelda overworld theme played with a more adventurous tone. Link pushes giant blocks, and crawls on through tight spaces. Humorous parts such as a spotlight spoting Link, and he puts his hands up, Link failing into lava and jumping out in a comedic fashion. Graphics look amazing. A boss, a giant crab/worm like creature in lava fights Link. This boss is huge and looks as awesome as any Ocarina of Time boss.

Kingdom Hearts (Square/Disney game) looks good, yet weird with all the Disney characters. Younger versions of Final Fantasy characters including Aeris. I'd like to play it.

Extended Play airs several times a week on Tech TV so check your listings.

Fiyerstorm
05-26-2002, 12:12 AM
I know that Kingdom Hearts is definatley for PS2....but is it also gonna be for GC? I remeber seeing an art picture of Cloud with a cape in the Kingdom Hearts section on IGN Media....

Mak-X
05-26-2002, 12:18 AM
Kingdom Hearts is for PS2. There has been no announcements on Square games for GCN since the partnership was announced. I can see Kingdom Hearts being a good game for GCN and a young audience though.

mrz84
05-26-2002, 12:24 AM
while the disney characters seem too much for me, i just might play kingdom hearts because its made by squaresoft. *poeple stare at him* what? square makes one of the gaming industries rpgs! in fact most of their games are rpgs. ALL HAIL SQUARE, THE RULERS OF THE RPG GAMING MARKET! :kawaii:

Kirov Airship
05-26-2002, 12:31 AM
Command and Conquer: Generals is one game that's got me salivating. Aside form the Zelda and Mario and other GCN games coming out, Generals has to be what I'm waiting for.

The Silent Assassin
05-26-2002, 01:16 AM
Squaresoft itself is not making GCN games...the company formed from Nintendo/Square's new development studio will, though.

Mak-X
05-26-2002, 01:45 AM
Does anyone watch Extended Play besides me?

Skulkraken
05-26-2002, 04:12 AM
I personally like watching Extended Play and the other shows on Tech TV, like Eyedrops. I only have access to a dial-up modem, which limits me in terms of downloading capabilities. Thanks for the info. Cable shows here on Guam always arrive 1-2 weeks late thanks to our extremely sucky cable company, which happens to be the only one here since the other one mysteriously went out of business and had all its customers assimilated into the remaining one.

satanman
05-26-2002, 05:22 AM
unfortuanately, Tech TV is american, the equivelant here (called .tv) closed because it didn't do very well, it started good, then got crappier and crappier until the only show worth watching was ex machina.
I think theres another computer game channel now, but I can't be arsed to watch it.
I'll wait for a DVD on the cover of NGC magazine.

AlexMax
05-26-2002, 03:38 PM
Actually, I happend to watch it while in my hotel room last night.

I saw mario sunshine.

And as soon as I saw the reflective table, I almost screamed.

Nintendo ain't holding nothing back, ya'll...

...but I still havn't found out about Frequency 2.0...