PDA

View Full Version : tasks

link182
05-25-2002, 01:44 PM
is it possible to have characters in the game ask you to do a task

for example a character asks link to get a doll for her baby(links awakening)

if so how

:poke:

DragonFang
05-25-2002, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry but I have never heared of a way to do that. I don't think there is a way to do that with the current verson of zelda. Maybe Dark Nation will add that ablity in his next verson of zelda classic???

*b*
05-25-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by DragonFang
I'm sorry but I have never heared of a way to do that. I don't think there is a way to do that with the current verson of zelda.

well, that's because you just got here. no there isn't any way to do that, and this would be better suited in ZQuest Editor Help

DragonFang
05-25-2002, 05:33 PM
Scrach me last post! I found how how to make it seem like a trigging event.

ou have your worldmap and and say the mother is in a house/cave then the person goes to get the baby and then returns

To set the map up so it will work this way you need to make a copy of your world map and then put the baby in a dungon and make it so when you enter the screen with the baby you have to get the triforce in the next room. Now set the triforce to send you to your copy of the world map and set the mother with a reply for saveing her baby.

Only problem with this is it is time consuming setting up all the dungon copys and overworld copys but will work as long as you have the contune here click.

Hope that wasent too confusing????

DarkSFK
05-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Or you could eliminate theitem bait and make it a doll. Then make the person be a mother, baby, etc. Set hte room as Feed the Goriya. Then have her say something like: Find my doll and ill give you 50 rupees. Make a door above her that leads to the prize.

C-Dawg
05-25-2002, 10:39 PM
Or you could learn how to use Boss Flags. They make practically anything possible.

-C

plith
05-25-2002, 10:42 PM
By the way, how many levels total can you use? 256? That's probably enough unless you use a lot of boss flags...

JayeM
05-26-2002, 10:52 AM
This is another reason why I'd like more types of bait. C-Dawg, could you explain how this could be done with boss flags, this is something I don't understand too well but would like to.

DarkSFK
05-26-2002, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I need help withbss flags also, could you send me a readme or a link to a tutorial???

plith
05-26-2002, 01:33 PM
Well, remember that when you kill all the enemies in a room with screen flag dungeon boss set, then all other rooms with "dungeon boss" set that are in a DMap with the same level number will automatically kill all the enemies inside it. You can then apply this to any type of DMap as well, providing you change the level number. Now take a moment to think about what that means. You kill an enemy on one screen, and it automatically kills the enemy/enemies on another screen. Now let's say that it's an invincible enemy on that other screen that can't hurt you, like a fire enemy in one of the corners of the room on a dungeon DMap (I think there's also an enemy that's automatically invincible, invisible, and doesn't do anything, perfect for situations like this). Now let's say on the screen with the fire or invincible enemy or whatever you use secret flags, put the screen flag "Enemies->Secret" on, and voila.

JayeM
05-26-2002, 11:55 PM
Wow...C-Dawg, I'd like to put in an order for 2 copies of your Better Living Through Boss Flags.

DarkSFK
05-27-2002, 06:22 PM
That's cool. What about in DoE in the cave, Nick said he used boss flags to make a locked block in the middle of a room. How do you do that?