PDA

View Full Version : Why is "Hate your predecessor" closed?

The Silent Assassin
05-25-2002, 12:45 AM
Uh...did I miss something here?

Dechipher
05-25-2002, 12:46 AM
yeah, Breaker messed up, and forgot to reopen it

VEL
05-25-2002, 12:46 AM
Dechipher was spamming in it, right before it was closed.

Dechipher
05-25-2002, 12:52 AM
yup. all Dechipher's fault.. Yeppers....

The Silent Assassin
05-25-2002, 12:53 AM
Um...Wait...VEL doesn't lie...so uh...you spammed and got it closed then, huh?

VEL
05-25-2002, 12:56 AM
He spammed in it then Breaker took his posts out of it and made the "Dechiphers Spamtastic Thread" with them.

The Silent Assassin
05-25-2002, 01:00 AM
Ugh...

Ok, I like that mods are taking a more active roll...but public humiliation is not the answer. Sorry, I've taken a whole 2 weeks of training on development with people, and "punishment" is never the answer, "discipline" is. Just banning a member or "humiliating" them accomplishes nothing. They just come back and do it again. Point and case: Stray Cannon...the most recent.

I like how mods are actually picking up on "violatoins" more now...but...I seriously think AGN's whole "justice" system...no...the entire system, sucks ass. AGN... Angry Guys Nagging.

Dechipher
05-25-2002, 01:02 AM
bleh, TS shut up. I WANT to get banned, so I can provide proof that I cant accesss, it's a long story

The Silent Assassin
05-25-2002, 01:09 AM
I can't spell violations...heh heh!

Dude, why the hell do you want to get banned? You should think this through...

Dechipher
05-25-2002, 01:12 AM
you shoulda stayed in chat....here this'll help....
<dechipher> I have to leave the forums
<dechipher> but I have to provide proof to my mom,
<dechipher> that I wont have access to AGN
<dechipher> therefore, I have to prove that I Can't
<dechipher> I dont really want
<dechipher> to

slothman
05-25-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin I like how mods are actually picking up on "violatoins" more now...but...I seriously think AGN's whole "justice" system...no...the entire system, sucks ass. AGN... Angry Guys Nagging.

Maybe they can put some sort of "Jail" avatar for people who might be banned. Or put a "nasty" title for them. Like what's his name got when he changed avatars alot.

Decipher:
If you want to "get banned" you could PM a mod and ask him to ban you for at least maybe 3 months. That way you can't possibly get back on until that time is up. But if you want to rejoin AGN after the time you would ask a mod again. The good part about this is that you can tell the mod to never unban you until the time is up.
P.S. I was wondering about "hate your predecesser" also. I do think all the big threads should be closed and/or restarted, just to make things easier.

Breaker
05-25-2002, 01:35 AM
Thread was temporarily closed to prevent Dechipher from spamming any further...

Dechipher
05-25-2002, 01:47 AM
yeah, but temporary means ONLY for a while....

Breaker
05-25-2002, 01:50 AM
I thought you left these forums?

Selah
05-25-2002, 01:52 AM
Breaker you idiot. (not flaming) When you banned dechipher you banned me. so unban this computer plz. from chat

Breaker
05-25-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Selah
Breaker you idiot. (not flaming) When you banned dechipher you banned me. so unban this computer plz. from chat

No (not for a week anyway, shouldn't have let him use your computer), and a warning issued for flaming...regardless of what you thought it was.

Dechipher banned, topic closed.