PDA

View Full Version : Somthing I remembered thinking about 10 years ago

Jigglysaint
05-24-2002, 06:53 PM
I remmeber being at camp and thinking that I must have been the only kid with his parents together. The question is: Is it true? How many people on AGN have either had divorced parents, have been divorsed, or has a family member divorsed? As for me, I only remember my uncle getting divorsed so It's not common in my family.

Menokh
05-24-2002, 06:59 PM
Well considering 50% of all marrages end in divorce, it is very comman.
My parents split up in July of 1998, but weren't officially divorced until November or December of that year. It was a hellish time for me, but I got used to it. Now I realize that it was for the better, and my life is much better now than it would've been had they stayed together.

slothman
05-24-2002, 07:12 PM
The only people I know who divorced are my dad's brother and his wife. It was a while ago and I didn't know them very well. He has since remaried.

Starkist
05-24-2002, 07:15 PM
My mom and dad divorced. My uncle and aunt divorced. My grandpa and grandma, both sets, divorced. My girlfriend's parents are divorced.

Ironic that I have such an optimistic view of marriage for myself eh?

The Savior
05-24-2002, 07:38 PM
My grandpa divorced my grandma, but since he died before I started remembering things, it hasn't affected me. Except that the lady he was going to remarry to is really great. So I guess that the divorce was kinda a positive thing, from my perspective...

Jemsee
05-24-2002, 08:38 PM
My folks been married 57 years last Dec.
My wife however is the prouduct of a 2nd marrage. They kept it a secerit from her. When she was about 11 or 12 her sister found out and told her. It bothered her, still does. The lying part the most.
As for the wife and myself, we decided long ago the word divorce would not be in our vocabulary.

MottZilla
05-25-2002, 12:31 AM
Nope. If it had, it'd probably be a good effect.

Drunken Tiger
05-25-2002, 05:04 AM
My parents thought of divorce.. but they talked things through instead... I dont know what would happen if they did get divorced..:shrug:

Gerudo
05-25-2002, 05:27 AM
my parents got divorced about 4 years ago, but within a year they were back together. so theyve been married since ~1987, my sisters birth year. :)

Paradox
05-25-2002, 10:33 AM
my parents haven't gotten divorced yet

The Desperado
05-25-2002, 03:50 PM
My parents divorced about 2 1/2 years ago. I hate to say it, but things are alot better this way.

Brasel
05-26-2002, 09:59 AM
My parents were divorced about 8 years ago...well, they separated 8 years ago, and were in court for about 3 years until the divorce was final. My mom got everything. I feel kinda bad about that, but now my dad is remarried and lives in a huge house and my step mom is pregnant. I lived with my mom for those 8 years and just recently moved in with my dad.

It sucked at first...but now all its had are positive effects. I have two places to go to if I get annoyed by one parent, double the presents on my birthday and christmas time, my mom is so much more happy without my dad and now has a boyfriend who shes very much in love with (best thing), and my dad has become so much more mature and grown up since he got remarried, and they are both friends. I love both my parents very much and wouldn't have had it any other way...they just weren't meant for each other.

I probably have to say I have the best living arrangement possible.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-26-2002, 10:53 AM
My parents argue alot, but I don't think they would ever get divorced. I am sorry for those people who have to go through that...