PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo is SO stupid!

Cloral
05-24-2002, 06:36 PM
It just figured out that I had a piece of mail sent to me last Sunday! This wasn't a fault of Y!Messenger either - I've been to my mail every day and this piece of mail just showed up in my inbox now for the first time!
And what do you know? While I was typing this, it figured out another old piece of mail. Let's see when it was from... (brb)

Well, that one was from Tuesday... not much better! And they've started having pop up ads within the mail server! I swear I am going to swich my mail service soon! Anyone got any good suggestions for mail servers that arn't incredibly stupid and don't have pop up ads?

And you can tell it recieved the mail on the dates I specified above not only because it tells you, but because of its position between pieces of mail in my inbox that I have already read! (since newest is always put on top)

This, along with my recent experience with GeoCities hosted sites I've browsed has caused me to see just how fucked up a company they have become!

The Savior
05-24-2002, 06:42 PM
I've had a good experience with yellowsnow.com so far...

vegeta1215
05-24-2002, 06:46 PM
I've been using yahoo mail for like 6 months now, I haven't had any problems at all.

It is weird how individuals have problems and not massive waves of yahoo members. I remember AlphaDawg said he had trouble with his yahoo web site. beats me :shurg:

Menokh
05-24-2002, 06:56 PM
I've seen weird thing happen with yahoo bfore, but nothing quite like this.
If it keeps happenning, try www.operamail.com
They seem pretty good to me so far.

Cloral
05-24-2002, 08:03 PM
I've been using them for almost 2 years now. These problems just started recently. I wonder - was Yahoo bought recently or something like that? Put under ownership of a f***ing moron?

Jemsee
05-24-2002, 08:31 PM
I too have been using Yahoo for years, and I have noted a down slide in service. Have not used a lot of others to compair but Yahoo has been good, untill reacently.
Maybe money problems are making them charge for things.
I have been using the mail and web space my IP gives me more and more. It's stable (well as stable as the IP anyway) and part of the service. No adds, no restrictions, just service.

AlexMax
05-24-2002, 08:37 PM
How the mighty have fallen...

Menokh
05-24-2002, 08:45 PM
No Yahoo is still independent.
I'm guessing these errors are caused by the fact that they updated all their servers recently to new HP models.

Paradox
05-24-2002, 09:31 PM
yahoo does not have popup ads, and messages come on time for me. and i just checked my mail 5 minutes ago.

Menokh
05-24-2002, 09:39 PM
Yahoo does have pop-ups.
whenever I accidently have pop-ups enabled one of the pages that gives me them is Yahoo.

vegeta1215
05-24-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
I've seen weird thing happen with yahoo bfore, but nothing quite like this.
If it keeps happenning, try www.operamail.com
They seem pretty good to me so far.

Ooh! Opera mail?!? I'll have to put them on my list of possible solutions should Yahoo keep getting worse.

Cloral
05-24-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
Yahoo does have pop-ups.
whenever I accidently have pop-ups enabled one of the pages that gives me them is Yahoo.
How do you turn off popups? I'd just have them turned off all the time - that would be such a huge help!

Menokh
05-24-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Cloral

How do you turn off popups? I'd just have them turned off all the time - that would be such a huge help!

Actually they need to be on sometimes, becuase some sites use pop-ups for useful reasons. But anyhow to answer your question. If you insist on using IE, you can download Pop-up killer from www.download.com
But the easiest(and IMO the best way) is to use Opera (www.opera.com), it has a built in pop-up killer.

Cyclone
05-25-2002, 01:41 AM
I use to use Yahoo! Clubs all the time.

One day, they had the bright idea of merging Clubs with eGroups, which had been bought out and renamed Yahoo! Groups.

LEt's just say they ruined both. Out of five posts, only ONE posted right away; checking later, the rest STILL hadn't posted. I found the rest two days later.

Might go back and post once more. Can we get a hosted videogame forum set up for Starfox 64, as a possible escape? I'll mod. it. :)

Cyclone

Cloral
05-25-2002, 04:12 AM
Opera - on!

Popups - gone! :D
Thanks!