PDA

View Full Version : Dude! DK +

Warlock
05-23-2002, 10:21 PM
http://pocket.ign.com/articles/360/360486p1.html

The game is an extension of the multi-level Donkey Kong Game Boy Color game released almost a half-decade ago, an action-puzzle game featuring Donkey Kong and Mario. The Game Boy Advance game features the same action with much better graphics and more detailed level structures.

But the real kicker is that, with special GameCube software, players can create their own Donkey Kong + levels and upload them to the Game Boy Advance through the GBA/GC cable. Players can test their levels on the GameCube through more advanced graphic representations before sending the level over, and they can save their creations to the GameCube memory card.

Dude! That DK game boy game was awesome! And this one lets you make your own levels! cool!

vegeta1215
05-23-2002, 10:29 PM
OMG! I gotta get that! The DK with the 100 levels is one of my favorite GB games!

I know we can already do it with Zelda Classic, but I was thinking it would be cool if Nintendo put out a similar thing for Zelda (Zelda 1 with an editor). I'd be anxious to see how their editor would be.

I am so excited about this year in gaming:D

Warlock
05-23-2002, 10:34 PM
Yeah, if this thing works good, they could probably do this sort of thing with a lot of games (the simpler ones at least).

Mak-X
05-23-2002, 10:36 PM
!

Oh wow. I must get this. Donkey Kong for Game Boy was awesome. I got it during a visit to my great grandma's in Mississippi, and had nothing to do. It was so fun. I beat the game in a day and a half. Its Donkey Kong, but with better, less rough controls, Mario has new jumps, and you have to get keys and stuff before going against Donkey Kong. A level editor. That's awesome. I hope you can save some levels to your GBA though. What would really be cool is if you could send your levels over the internet to friends.

Dark Dude will be happy. Dark Dude you'd better get this game.

Originally posted by Warlock
The game is an extension of the multi-level Donkey Kong Game Boy Color game released almost a half-decade ago, an action-puzzle game featuring Donkey Kong and Mario.

They made a mistake though. Donkey Kong (also referred to as Donkey Kong '94 in Nintendo Power) was a regular Game Boy game and was the first game to have a Super Game Boy pallette.

jman2050
05-23-2002, 10:42 PM
Holy crap, new levels. And custom made ones at that.

man, I'd love to see what some people come up with. maybe they should have a feature that allows GC owners to upload the levels to a centralized server via the modem/broadband adapter and the game. Heh, Donkey Kong Classic! :D

DarkDragoonX
05-23-2002, 10:48 PM
Hell yea! MAn, it took a while for Nintendo to get warmed up, but they're not pulling any punches, are they? :D

Dark Dude
05-23-2002, 11:59 PM
:bouncy:

AlexMax
05-24-2002, 01:09 AM
HOT DAMN MAMMA SLAM YA LIKE CRONIC!

Damnit, Nintendo is going all out boyeee...

Heh, Xbox used up all their steam in the launch... ^_^

MottZilla
05-24-2002, 02:15 PM
Sounds good. And DD that smiley is funny. Also are you gonna quit trying to make your clone of it now? or are you gonna keep going?

Dark Dude
05-24-2002, 02:20 PM
I dunno... I guess there's no real need to. I could go back to work on the other game then.

Warlock
05-24-2002, 03:00 PM
My only complaint is that I expected better graphics for the GBA. They are very comparable to the SGB version from 94.. only of course, not as ghetto..

I guess it's still early and we have only seen one picture, so there is still time to fix it up nicer.. we'll see.. I'm sure it will be awesome fun regardless tho.

Mak-X
05-24-2002, 09:45 PM
http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/donkeykong_052202_2.jpg

I think that's pretty good, especially compared to Game Boy Color. It looks nice and clear with lots of colors.

Well I can see what you mean. Its kinda simple and plain with a washout background. I guess they're just keeping it simple and that's the style.

Dark Jim
05-25-2002, 10:05 AM
Cool. That game was one of the better games on the Gameboy. And creating your own levels would be awesome! :D