PDA

View Full Version : blow it out your ass!

Beldaran
05-23-2002, 07:42 PM
You know what I hate more than popups? Popups that were coded by a retarded, zit covered, monkey masturbator and don't work and crash your browser. IF YOU'RE GOING TO FLASH A POPUP IN MY FACE AT LEAST MAKE IT WORK YOU PATHETIC DICK!

DarkDragon
05-23-2002, 07:47 PM
I've never had that happen to me. I've had popups that spawn new popups whenever you try to close them; only slightly less annoying, IMHO.

itschris
05-23-2002, 07:51 PM
I don't like popups that zoom around the screen or take up the whole screen. On (nonpaying) ezboards, there used to be this very stupid popup that asked if you wanted to download a program with one of those install windows.

P.S.: I've had those popups that don't work as well. :sweat:

Link 101
05-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Since my computer is so old popups make my computer freak out and go all slow. I hate popups so much.

Seigeless
05-23-2002, 08:18 PM
The popups I hate most are those that doesn't have a close button... or those that trigger a bombing when you ignore it, or try to close it. :(

Menokh
05-23-2002, 09:07 PM
I disable pop-ups.
I only enable them when I need to. So I never have to deal with that.
But when I did, I hated it. I also hated pop-ups that when closed open 8 more.

Mr. 207
05-23-2002, 09:11 PM
Chill dude, chill. No need to blow a gasket over popup ads. Sure we all hate them but...maybe you need to take a break from your computer for awhile. Go drink a water and take some deep breaths.

Beldaran
05-23-2002, 09:12 PM
How do you disable popups?

Menokh
05-23-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
How do you disable popups?

It can only be done in IE if you diable Javascript. Not generally a good idea.

In Opera it's simple, and leaves Javascript in tact. File -> Quick Preferences -> Refuse pop up windows.

To disable Javascript in IE, I think you go to the Internet Options, and it's in advanced somewhere.

theplustwo
05-23-2002, 09:57 PM
for you people who insist on using IE just download pop-up stopper from www.panicware.com

Brasel
05-24-2002, 12:48 AM
I hate those stupid ones that appear in the actual browser window, rendering all pop up killers defenseless. These are starting to "pop up" everywhere...pun intended.

I don't see why companies continue to use pop up ads when they just create a boomerang effect and turn off the people they were intending to sell their product/service/website to. Stupidity...

theplustwo
05-24-2002, 01:31 AM
they say you can't 'diable' the ads in a magazine or on TV, but those ads don't suddenly appear in front of what you are reading and crash your magazine, so whenever I hear that argument I think 'you twit'

Jemsee
05-24-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by fmehmobile
for you people who insist on using IE just download pop-up stopper from www.panicware.com

Been having trouble with my IP and for some reasion at night the WWW is inaccesable but can get the the IPs site.
So out of boredom I browsed there and found a download page with Pop-up Stopper.
Have not had it installed long but noted that to get more smilies it stopped it from coming up. To get it to come up I had to hold ctrl and clik the link then it came up.
I think I'm going to like this.
It is the one from panicware too. I think it is free.

Glitch
05-24-2002, 09:48 AM
We should form a pop-up stoppers aliance!

Who wants to join me!???

theplustwo
05-24-2002, 12:33 PM
yeah, I like the 'hold ctrl' feature to have a link behave normally. Its a very useful prog. Just disable the splash screen in the preferences and you are good to go.

cyberkitten
05-24-2002, 03:16 PM
alt-f4 seems to do an excellent job of closing the popups before they get to execute their code that spawns new popups. the only problem being that if you don't keep track of which window you're closing, you'll potentially close windows you need.

bigjoe
05-24-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
a retarded, zit covered, monkey masturbator

you couldnt have described me better :)

but i didnt make the popups