PDA

View Full Version : Mario advance and super mario allstars...

KamiKaZe cOw
05-23-2002, 07:35 PM
In The 1st issue of nintendo power advance, it states that GBA games have an 8mb capability, that of some N64 games. Now tell me, if they can make a game as large as a N64 game, why cant they simply remake Super mario allstars, with all the special additions? Man, that pisses me off.

:angry::banghead: Kamikaze cOw! (curently pissed off):banghead::angry:

itschris
05-23-2002, 07:48 PM
They could very easily do that, but they'd rather seperate them so they make four times the amount of money.

Masamune
05-23-2002, 08:42 PM
it's not about quality or making gamers happy anymore. no no. it's abour MONEY. it's what runs this world. MONEY!!!!! MONEY allows you to BUY CONDOS IN THE ROCKIES!!!! which MR MYOMOTO wants. he can purchase one with MONEY which is from MAKING AN INCONVENIANCE FOR GAMERS!!! i hope a made the business world a lot clearer to you.

Mak-X
05-23-2002, 08:50 PM
Miyamoto does have a job at Nintendo where he makes money to live. Its not even about Shigeru Miyamoto anyways. Video Game companies make video games to make money. Without money you would not see the quality that commercial games have.
Shigeru Miyamoto is a game designer/producer who makes video games for a living. It's always been about making money. There's no way I can make games for a living without making a profit off of it.

itschris is right about all the games being released seperate, more money is made that way. However, another good reason is that its got to be a lot more easier and efficient to port each game to Game Boy Advance seperately. I know Super Mario All-Stars contains 4 Super Mario Bros. games, but those games are still good enough to be sold seperately for Game Boy Advance. Super Mario Bros. DX even included a version of SMB 2 (Japan).

Now that I think about it, I would expect a Super Mario Bros. collection instead of seperate releases on SNES because updated graphics alone isn't worth seperate releases when all the games were on the NES. Game Boy Advance I do not. Each game is worth being a seperate GBA game.

MottZilla
05-24-2002, 02:24 PM
Um. N64 has a max I believe of a 512MegaBit Cartrige. The only game known to be this big is Resident Evil 2. 256MegaBit carts are many though. Zelda 64 is I'm pretty sure. 256MegaBits is 32MegaBytes, and 64 MegaBytes being 512MegaBits. If the GBA rom size maxes at 8MegaBytes (which I've yet to see a rom dump bigger than) then it's only 64MegaBits which is only as big as Mario 64. Anyways, really the GBA is only twice as big as the normal SNES carts. Normally a snes cart is only 4mb, or 32megabits. However StarOcean I believe was 6mb, or 48megabits. So really it would seem the GBA isn't too far from snes. Kinda sad really. :p

Warlock
05-24-2002, 02:56 PM
Sad? It's larger than an SNES cart, but much much smaller in size. I'd say that's pretty good. It's not like they would ever need all that space that the N64 carts need. With the N64 you have a lot more crap than you would a GBA game, stuff like textures, models, high-quality sound, movies, etc. GBA is mostly sprites and sound (except for code of course :D)

itschris
05-24-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Um. N64 has a max I believe of a 512MegaBit Cartrige. The only game known to be this big is Resident Evil 2. 256MegaBit carts are many though. Zelda 64 is I'm pretty sure. 256MegaBits is 32MegaBytes, and 64 MegaBytes being 512MegaBits. If the GBA rom size maxes at 8MegaBytes (which I've yet to see a rom dump bigger than) then it's only 64MegaBits which is only as big as Mario 64. Anyways, really the GBA is only twice as big as the normal SNES carts. Normally a snes cart is only 4mb, or 32megabits. However StarOcean I believe was 6mb, or 48megabits. So really it would seem the GBA isn't too far from snes. Kinda sad really. :p

The maximum size of a GBA cart is 256 Mb (32 MB). There just haven't been any yet because of the price. For now it would cost too much for a 256 Mb cart, and it would seem developers haven't needed one yet.

MottZilla
05-24-2002, 08:03 PM
um... dude. Zelda 64 was a 256mbit cart. It was 50$. A GBA game with a 256mb chip wouldn't be a big difference in price. Anyway the N64 really tops out at 512mbit.

itschris
05-24-2002, 08:18 PM
That makes sense. I guess they just haven't had the need for a 256 Mb cartridge yet.

Yeah, GBA can only have one chip, so they can't have those combinations of chips (ie: 32 Mb chip and 64 Mb chip in F-Zero, two 256 Mb chips for RE 2).

ctrl-alt-delete
05-26-2002, 11:36 AM
Stuff like this always pisses me off. Why can't they just do what the gamer wants? Why is it always about money...

Mak-X
05-26-2002, 11:48 AM
Zelda: Ocarina of Time was $60 when it came out. Majora's Mask was $60, Perfect Dark, and Goldeneye.