PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I haven't been arround much

Jigglysaint
05-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Okay, I'm not exactly inactive right now, but I consider not being online at least 10 times a day to be inactive.

The internet on my computer is having some problems. I tried to download what I later found out was spyware, and I can't seem to get a ny wab pages anymore. My brother(from who's computer I'm typing this on)said I need to re-install windows or use Netscape. Has anything like this happened to any of you? Can I do somthing without re-installing windows?

obi
05-23-2002, 07:04 PM
if you have XP, you can truley FULLY DELETE the program without it know ing by venturnig into the registry ect. DO the same on other win versons, but it's harder. Otherwise,Sorry, no, good luck. :)

Menokh
05-23-2002, 07:08 PM
Try Opera. www.opera.com
If it works then IE is fucked.

Jigglysaint
05-23-2002, 07:11 PM
Like a web link is going to work... I can't run XP, my computer can only run 98.

Menokh
05-23-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
Like a web link is going to work... I can't run XP, my computer can only run 98.

If you can get the program to your computer.

If you can't get another browser onto your computer, and the registry editing doesn't work, you'll probably need to reinstall Windows.

Jigglysaint
05-23-2002, 07:29 PM
Re-install windows it is.

Seigeless
05-23-2002, 08:10 PM
its probably a virus or a trojan that you downloaded, not spyware. :( spyware just sends out personal info, but virues can do that and also devestate the comp. The only way to get rid of it is to download "AdAware" (www.download.com), or buy an online scanner at www.mcafee.com . If all else fails, then reinstalling windows might be the only solution, unless you've made a backup.