PDA

View Full Version : What's better than Sim City 3000?

Rainman
05-23-2002, 04:29 PM
Sim City 4000!!! (http://www.gamers.com/game/1141979/previews?page=1)

I can't tell you how much this game has me excited! It seems to have fixed some of the few flaws that Sim City 3000 had. Now this is one of the reasons I love PC gaming. I don't think any of the consoles could successfully make game like this. Simulations are strictly PC. I love this. I felt all tingly when I found out. :)

DarkDragoonX
05-23-2002, 04:34 PM
Just as long as you don't explain WHERE you got all tingly. =P

Rainman
05-23-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
Just as long as you don't explain WHERE you got all tingly. =P

Oh, it was my penis.

Daarkseid
05-23-2002, 05:08 PM
Yeah, thats where I get tingly when I experience joygasms over videogames and when I hear about when they're coming out, or when I'm playing a game on my PS2 and put the Dual Shock 2 near my crotch.

I never played SimCity 3k, just up to SimCity 2k. What were the differences between 2k and 3k?

AlexMax
05-23-2002, 06:07 PM
Daarkseid: 1k

Paradox
05-23-2002, 06:50 PM
i've played all the versions. of them so far i liked the 2k version with the extra add-ons best. 4k looks the same as 3k except for that better volcano and fire.

Rainman
05-23-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Paradox
i've played all the versions. of them so far i liked the 2k version with the extra add-ons best. 4k looks the same as 3k except for that better volcano and fire.

Than, you didn't read the article very well. First of all, SC4000 will be fully rendered 3d graphics. It's not iso anymore. Also, it's being designed to not be as tedious as previous games sim city. Maxis is finally realizing that dealing with all the citizens and trying to make them happy is challenging for a while, but get's annoying. As I said, many of the small game design problems that SC3000 had are being corrected and it is now looking like the simulation game I've been waiting.

So please thoroughly read that article. It explains all of the neat improvements. :) To quote the article:

Imagine your popularity as mayor is rocky. So you send the mayor's limo into a dodgy area in hopes of pumping up your approval ratings. But instead of the spontaneous parade you were hoping for, the locals start to riot. As hooligans trash downtown, you have the mayor flee and send in the cops, personally placing police barricades in an effort to contain and funnel the riot away from other parts of town. But one too many Molotov cocktails is thrown and a fire breaks out. When firefighters arrive, it is up to you to decide positioning and attack strategy as they battle to keep the inferno from consuming your beloved city.

That an actual scenerio you'll have to deal with. From what I read, It's far less micromanagment. Basically you're goal is to build the city of your dreams.

Dracula
05-23-2002, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Rainman

Oh, it was my penis.
I get tingly in my penis when I see something I want... You should have felt it when I heard about COTM, or even the GCN Castlevania.

I love SIM games... I think this one will kick serious ass against different social simulators. That Will Wright is a complete genius!

Triffid
05-24-2002, 12:50 AM
Wow! I've got to get this when it comes out! And you see that there is planning for the sims online? There is no way that this could possibly turn out bad, it's like Maxis is making the game according to my instructions. I've always been wishing a mix of the Sims and Sim City since I got it.

Brasel
05-24-2002, 12:54 AM
I know whats better than Sim City 3000! Lots of stuff...

Sim City started to suck after the first one...once the plumbing came in, all hell broke loose.

Grasshopper
05-24-2002, 10:14 AM
Whats better than Sim City 3000?

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (http://www.us.infogrames.com/e3/index.php?title=Roller%20Coaster%20Tycoon%202&euro=)

DarkDragoonX
05-24-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Dracula

I get tingly in my penis when I see something I want... You should have felt it when I heard about COTM, or even the GCN Castlevania.

Dear god, no! We all know what happens when Drac starts messing with his crotch...

Rainman
05-24-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Grasshopper
Whats better than Sim City 3000?

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (http://www.us.infogrames.com/e3/index.php?title=Roller%20Coaster%20Tycoon%202&euro=)

Thanks, man! That'll be another one I'll look for. I love RCT. :)