PDA

View Full Version : I think this should clear up the whole "Celda" issue

Skatche
05-23-2002, 11:25 AM
Booyah. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/news2002-05-23.html) And no, they're not biased. They've given good (and bad) reviews to games on all systems.

Cronic
05-23-2002, 11:28 AM
Did you see the video of "Link" running? And of course ripping off metal gear stealth moves?

No review could clear up what theyve done :p

Skatche
05-23-2002, 11:35 AM
When you get down to it, MGS rips off every James Bond movie ever made and hundreds of other films, books and video games as well. Solid Snake did not invent stealth. It's in the free domain. Sorry.

And I think if anyone knows what they're talking about, it's Gabe and Tycho, who are currently at E3, if I understand correctly.

DarkDragoonX
05-23-2002, 12:09 PM
Yeap. Go, Clan Walrus!

MottZilla
05-23-2002, 12:10 PM
Um, that doesn't clear up anything. I've said before the game looked very well done. However it's still a kids game really. I'll pick it up sometime, however it'll only be ok, and I'll play till I've done everything, and then it will sit.... a very long time...

Ya so, that doesn't change anything. The new zelda will be worth a rent/play through. However, that's about all it will get. It will never achieve the greatness of the ORIGINAL zelda which I would play all the time. I haven't touched OoT or Mask on N64 in ages. However I did get my n64 out again a few times. You know why? Perfect Dark. Games with no or low replay value suck. The new zeldas are good, till you complete them. Then you get tired of them... and never play them again. I did play OoT again after finishing, however mainly to do glitches and complete minor things I hadn't done yet.

Warlock
05-23-2002, 12:42 PM
you guys are crazy, the new zelda looks awesome!

MottZilla
05-23-2002, 12:49 PM
I did say it looks very nice. But I doubt it'll be much different than the case with the last few zeldas.

The Silent Assassin
05-23-2002, 01:48 PM
When I review the game, you all will know if it is good or not. End of story ;)

EWild
05-23-2002, 01:52 PM
man go WARLOCK!! i own a gamecube and i love it. I love all the Zelda games and i own them all too and when it comes out i will certainly buy it. the game is NOT kiddy, just because it uses cel shading dosent mean squat, ok some of the zelda games do get boring like mask but not OoT. that ruled. it had everything and it was new at the time. but Zelda GCN will have a whicked playing mode and it will be LONG (i hope) resident evil was two disks and it would be cool if there were different things that happen depending on what you say and do it towns.
all in all Cube rules and so does Zelda(all 9 of them)
oh when I get it I will review it too.

MottZilla
05-23-2002, 01:55 PM
TSA, then steal a copy before its out but after it's finished and review it then so we know whether to buy it right away or not. :p

Mak-X
05-23-2002, 02:20 PM
Gabe:
2. Zelda

This game looks fucking amazing. I’d say it was the best looking game I saw at the Show today. I would also say it’s probably the best looking game I’ve ever seen in my entire goddamned life. We all just stood there mesmerized by it, with our mouths wide open. Until you have seen this game running you cannot possibly comprehend how gorgeous it is. It’s like a big “fuck you” to all the people who bitched about the cartoon look.

Batjew:
Zelda for GC. I didn't say anything when those screenshots came out because I wanted to wait and see. I have very little faith for just about everything, but when it comes to anything Link-related I don't bat an eye. All I have to say is Zelda is the only reason I bought a N64, and this Zelda is why I'm going to buy a GC now. To everyone that said they thought it looked horrible? You're dead fucking wrong. It's God Damn FANTASMICAL. Gabe overheard two fire-breathing shit-eaters make a snide comment about the graphics. I don't know how anyone could be that stupid and stubborn with something like that right in front of them. OH NO WAIT, yes I do, the kind of fucking idiots that breath fire and eat shit. Good God, it's an amazing piece of work. Everyone shut up, wait and see. If you don't think it's groin-grabbingly good, you probably breath fire and eat shit. Even though that's my opinion PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND ME RETARDED HATE MAIL "CORRECTING" ME, THX.

Tycho:
I think that the new Zelda is something that needs to be seen to be believed, and needs to be played to be understood. If you have done both and not come away impressed, I think that you need a new hobby. I'm not kidding. When something this great comes along, and you're simply to jaded to appreciate it, there's other things you could be doing you might derive more pleasure from.

Safety Monkey:
The other members of our illustrious party have already pointed out the clear highlights of the show thus far, so I'll try to be brief. Like many folks, I initially had my doubts when I saw the new cell-shaded Zelda stylings, but I want to reassure ya'll: The game kicks an unbelievable amount of ass. In unrelated news, I saw (and plan on actually playing this morning) a four-player Zelda game for the GBA, which looks graphically very similar to Zelda: A Link To The Past. This is, as you might surmise, incredibly cool.