PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 2

Mak-X
05-22-2002, 10:22 PM
I bought Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition yesterday mainly to have it and it was $10 and to see what the predecessor to Starcraft is like.

I played a few Human missions today. I have a handle on the game from Starcraft experience but is a step down in some ways. No queing in buildings, no queing actions to units. Sound quality is lower to where it hurts my ears wearing headphones after a while. 3 resources. Kinda neat you can chop down Trees and fort walls. It seems like the game is played with less more powerful units than in Starcraft. Ships on water is neat.

The last mission I played was the one where you have to use the transports to get to the Orc base. I ran out of oil and couldn't find any except for 1 spot and had no ships to destroy the Orc oil platform. I had 1 transport left and I ended up sending 6 units over each trip and then peasents to build barracks on the land. I destroyed the entire Orc based and thought I was going to make it but I still had the 1 Orc oil platform to destroy! So I have to beat the whole mission all over again, though it shouldn't be too hard.

The disc had a nice preview video of Starcraft Broodwar showing off the cinemas from Brood War. I've gotta got through all of the episodes of Starcraft. I beat Starcraft but didn't see the Protoss and Zerg movies because the cdrom drive was partially broken, and I've never beaten Brood War. The preview movie also had Diablo 2 and the Warcraft III movie with the knight and orc fighting.

Daarkseid
05-22-2002, 10:52 PM
Warcarft II is awesome. The last mission for both Orc and Human campaigns are long and tough.

And the expansion set missions are just evil. I couldn't get past the 3rd human mission in the expansion set at all.

vegeta1215
05-22-2002, 11:48 PM
True, it's not as advanced as Starcraft, but Warcraft II has a feel to it that you just can't find anywhere else.

I'd proud that I can say I beat both campaigns, orc and human, without cheats! It was fun...that was about 3 years ago I think :D

AlexMax
05-22-2002, 11:50 PM
Warcraft II was the shit back in the day...

^_^

MottZilla
05-23-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
Warcraft II was the shit back in the day...

^_^

Yup! That's what I was gonna say. I remember playing it oh so many years ago... the dos/mac version too.

DarkDragoonX
05-23-2002, 12:34 PM
WC2 is still the best RTS out there... let's hope WC3 lives up to it's predecessor.

MottZilla
05-23-2002, 12:38 PM
DDX, if you have broadband, why don't you nab a beta and see for yourself. WC3 will be a nice game, provided your hardware is good and fast enough to run it well.

DarkDragoonX
05-23-2002, 12:42 PM
I wish I had broadband. :laughing:

Eh, with a 64meg AGP GeForce 2, 256 megs of RAM, and a 700Mhz processor, it should run just fine.