PDA

View Full Version : I need to look for another job...

Brasel
05-22-2002, 04:33 PM
I'm sick as a dog, and have been for a couple days...definately not suitable for working behind a concession stand. I was scheduled to work as an usher today, so I was going to either call in sick or stick it out (the more likely solution). I was scheduled til midnight...which isn't a rarity, so I was ready for that...

Our consession shifts have been upped to 2:30 in the morning to get out...and we don't normally get out til about an hour after we're scheduled when we close. The crewleader scheduled to close concession called off so now I have to work til 3 in the morning on a school night while I'm sick...I'm not suprised my managers would do that to me either...

God I fucking hate my job.

obi
05-22-2002, 04:49 PM
that sucks man.

It can only get better;)

Daarkseid
05-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Jesus Christ... a job like, while still having normal public school to tend to, would just kill me. Physically kill me.

Jemsee
05-22-2002, 05:41 PM
That is a bad deal.
But if you can stick it out till school is over, maybe it will get better.
If you quit now you will not have a job thoughout the summer.

Ich
05-22-2002, 05:42 PM
I don't have a job, I'm 15, but I've applied in a couple of places, (Giant, Kearns, etc.)

obi
05-22-2002, 05:47 PM
I can't get much more than a paper boy at 15 down here...

theplustwo
05-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by obi
that sucks man.

It can only get better;)

Haven't you been around pop culture enough to know that you NEVER EVER EVER say that??!?!?

Cyclone
05-23-2002, 01:09 AM
Lucky me. Where I work, the hours scheduled are strictly those hours. If you get out at 10 p.m., for instance, you walk out the door and it's a deal.

That said, I have worked midnight on all but two shifts in the last three weeks (this week included). One day, which was Monday of that first week, saw me leave at the above-mentioned time of 10 p.m. (scheduled shift), and another saw 11:30. I've worked midnight - an extra two hours - every remaining day. And they still keep asking me, cause they know I will. I mean, it's a competition to be the first to ask me, now. :laughing:

Cyclone

obi
05-23-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by fmehmobile

Haven't you been around pop culture enough to know that you NEVER EVER EVER say that??!?!?

Actually it works wehn you say I't can only get better, it flops when you say 'It can't get any worse':blah: :laughing:

hmmm, let's try sommink

_________
| Hello. |
| My, |
| Friends |
| ^-^ |
|________|

It worked!

Ich
05-23-2002, 12:09 PM
If I get a job at Giant, my friend tells me to say that they told me to apply. They get a 200$ bonus, and are willing to split it with me.

Brasel
05-23-2002, 03:12 PM
I got lucky, they called me up last night and told me that they found someone to replace me since I was sick...so I packed up all my stuff and moved to my dad's house.