PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords

The Silent Assassin
05-22-2002, 01:29 PM
All right. I am hyped about GCN Zelda. But the new multiplayer Zeldas for both GBA and GCN...they look fucking gay. Maybe if you could control like...new characters like say...Roam...or Zelda...or even a new person...it would be kind of cool. I don't know...they way they described it...it sounded pretty crappy. Maybe if it were online coop playing...I could hook up with some of you all to play.

Mak-X
05-22-2002, 01:32 PM
Its just multiplayer for Zelda GBA. So far it just looks like a extra feature to add to the Zelda 3 port. Or it might even be a new game entirely. Reminds me of the Mario Bros. versions included in the Super Mario Advance games. I bet Capcom is working on a new GBA Zelda, and that's why the graphics aren't the same, and more like the GCN Zelda. Its just a multiplayer mode that will probably be fun. I don't think you'll be going on any full game quest with a full blown story.

Warlock
05-22-2002, 02:15 PM
As long as the game still has the full LTTP I don't care :) It's not like I have someone to play this multiplayer thing w/ anyways :P

I am hoping they don't cram the LTTP with a bunch of extra sound files tho like they did w/ Mario.. I mean, if they made him do an OoT "Hyah!!" everytime you use your sword it would get reallllllly annoying :D

Mak-X
05-22-2002, 02:19 PM
Hmm...I think I might actually like that! Make it neat to play as long as its not annoying. Maybe just for jumping off ledges and doing the spin attack. Might take away from the sword sound effects though. I hope the music stays in good quality.

Warlock
05-22-2002, 02:22 PM
true dat :D I think they learned their lesson after SMA1.. SMA2 wasn't nearly so annoying.. it's just when he got Dragon Coins and stuff that he talked..

It would be nice if they added some stuff to it too.. I don't know what they could add, but like when they did SMW, they had all the score sheet stuff and whatnot, and the ability to play as Luigi.. so maybe something along those lines :)

(although they did cheap out by releasing the same god damn Mario Bros game as in the first SMA, whereas this Zelda will have a new multiplayer game)

Cronic
05-22-2002, 02:35 PM
My take? It's GBA so at least I won't have to pay for it ;)

MottZilla
05-22-2002, 02:49 PM
It looks like crap. I would not pay for it...

The Silent Assassin
05-22-2002, 06:01 PM
Well, I do because I need every version of Zelda games sealed...but I won't be playing the game.

Mak-X
05-22-2002, 07:23 PM
Looks like crap? (http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/gamepage_main.jsp?gameId=1280)
?
http://images.nintendo.com/nintendo/contents/gamepage/gamecontent/images/e3/zelda_lttp/e3_zeldalttp_gba_ss10.jpg

http://images.nintendo.com/nintendo/contents/gamepage/gamecontent/images/e3/zelda_lttp/e3_zeldalttp_gba_ss08.jpg

http://images.nintendo.com/nintendo/contents/gamepage/gamecontent/images/e3/zelda_lttp/e3_zeldalttp_gba_ss11.jpg

That's silly judging a game by its graphics...
Regardless if you have any friends, and have any friends with GBAs, a multiplayer Zelda like that would actually be fun. I'm against turning Zelda into a death match game but this is much different. Unlike Secret of Mana where your stuck on the same screen, each player has their on GBA so you would be able to roam around the same dungeon without a screen limit. Working together to push block and fight monsters while trying to collect the most ruppees as a multiplayer addon sounds like a lot of fun to me. Maybe I'm just crazy. Suit yourselves, more copies for me to choose from.

matthew986
05-22-2002, 09:16 PM
If you ask me it looks like they just added the multiplayer to see if anyone would use it (it looks like a mini game to me). It sounds kinda like making an online game without the ability to go online. Predominantly-Multiplayer games will never be big on handhelds at least untill we can hook them up to the net (we can already do that with emulators...). I now have a final reason to buy a GBA. Zelda and Mario and old RPG's remakes and a new Metroid. Sounds good.

Warlock
05-22-2002, 09:38 PM
IGNpocket has a movie of the multiplayer mode.. it doesn't look too bad..

Cronic
05-22-2002, 09:47 PM
What WOULD have been cool is a multiplayer N64 title that allowed you to do battle using any of the larger aenemy characters... maybe some addition SSBM moves or something but seeing 4 links on one screen is just trash. Also why the hell are they using dingy GBC looking graphics anyway?

Orion
05-22-2002, 09:49 PM
You can download minigames to your GBA from the gameCube Zelda, says Gamespot.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2867382,00.html

That'll be cool too. If you ask me, this E3 is a LOT better than last year's.

Cronic
05-22-2002, 10:15 PM
Is there a way to rip down all this "insider" crap so that others may see?

KingArthur
05-22-2002, 10:32 PM
The download is more than likely just the same game as LttP will have. Just Like sA2B and SAdv both have the Tiny Chao Garden.

MottZilla
05-23-2002, 12:37 PM
The lttp port still looks good. However I still don't like the 4 swords crap. I do have a GBA, though no one that I'd play multiplayer with. If I wanted to play a multiplayer game, I have tons better. Perfect Dark, UT, SC, WC2-3, and so on. I think an online zelda multiplayer game would be neat (not graal!) The idea is good, but the method sucks. They need to make a USB device so you can get on the internet or something with your GBA and play multiplayer online. THAT would be cool.

vegeta1215
05-23-2002, 02:48 PM
Nintendo's E3 page (http://e3.nintendo.com) says the LttP remake and 4 Swords multiplayer game are going to be in the same pak. Sounds awesome to me! :D

Elemental Knight
05-23-2002, 03:52 PM
You know what? It may eventually be possible to play GBA games, like Four Swords, aroudn the world. Just hook up your Modem to your GC, hook your GBA to the GC, and plug in your GBA Game. With a little extra programming on the GC's part, it's doable.

Either way, I'll still get it. I have a few friends with GBAs, maybe I can convince them to buy it...