PDA

View Full Version : Combo Tiles and entering dungeons

wileee
05-22-2002, 10:12 AM
1. When Link enters my dungeon from the bottom he immediately takes one step down. (If I have his starting point at the bottom of the screen in the passage he will take his one step down and exit the dungeon) I can move the starting point but it looks funny when you enter the dungeon and start in the middle of the screen.

2. Is it possible to use tiles from different combo pages on one map screen? For example when I switch from combo page #1 to #2 all the tiles change to their respective tiles for the new combo page.

JayeM
05-22-2002, 11:06 AM
1. Hm, the usual way to keep Link from going backward when he enters a dungeon is to put the green square at the very bottom of the screen.

2. Not yet.

DarkSFK
05-22-2002, 03:18 PM
Actually, if you want more combos, there is a way to do this with layers. Say you want something like a house. Make them on a seperate combo page. Then put them on as layers and make the under tile be a tile (most likely grass, etc) have no walk flags.

wileee
05-22-2002, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll try working with layers in the future. I've got to get past some of the more mundane parts of learning this program first.

DarkSFK
05-22-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by wileee
Thanks for the info. I'll try working with layers in the future. I've got to get past some of the more mundane parts of learning this program first.

Yeah, the beginning really sucks. Once you get the hang of it, it's really cool. You can do all different stuff that wasnt even meant for the program, like multiwarps.