PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is what I call funny.

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2002, 10:30 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20020520l.gif

Is that great or what?

Skatche
05-21-2002, 10:44 PM
Not as funny as some of their other stuff, really... my favourite was this (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2002-03-25&res=l) one. XD

AlexMax
05-21-2002, 10:51 PM
LMFAO!!!!

"What the HELL is wrong with you?"

jman2050
05-21-2002, 10:52 PM
LOL. The one Skatche linked to is funny as well. And Skatche, what are you doing here? If I recall, you said you were gone ^_^ .

Mak-X
05-21-2002, 10:54 PM
Haha the GBA one was good. "Throw all that shit into the garbage" Leprechaun hahaha

The Bear one is good too.

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2002, 10:58 PM
EH I though this one was one of their best:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2001/20010921l.gif

Skatche
05-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by jman2050
LOL. The one Skatche linked to is funny as well. And Skatche, what are you doing here? If I recall, you said you were gone ^_^ .

ITS A SECRET TO EVERYONE

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2002, 11:24 PM
It's not the REAL Skatche, it's his evil twin!

Daarkseid
05-22-2002, 12:38 AM
I was thinking of buying an Afterburner kit, and installing it myself, but after reading PA's little recounting of their experience in installing the kit, I went and contacted a website for a group that installs the kits for you...

vegeta1215
05-22-2002, 01:07 AM
What is the Afterburner kit? I don't know, so I didn't really get that first comic...

Daarkseid
05-22-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
What is the Afterburner kit? I don't know, so I didn't really get that first comic...

Do you remember http://www.portablemonopoly.com?

It was posted a couple times in this forum. Thats the group that put together an internal backlighting kit for the Gameboy Advance. Last April they finalized the design and the components, and settled on a price, and subsequently took pre-orders so they'll have a better idea as to how many kits they should make. The name they gave to the kit is the Afterburner.

Putting the kit together requires some skill, and while I personally wanted to install the kit myself, I can't really afford the kit and the tools I'd need, and I doubt I'd use the tools for much after I'm finished with the kit(assuming I didn't fuck up in installing the kit). Penny Arcade basically suggests that unless you're the sort of geek is who into messing with electronics or "doing things yourself" you're better off having a professional install the kit, especially if all you want in the end is backlighting.

vegeta1215
05-22-2002, 01:22 AM
Ah ok. I thought it might be some kind of lighting thing. After all, what else would you open a GBA for?

LOL, honestly, I thought my GBA was broken when I first got it. Castlevania COTM was the game I got, and it was just too damn dark! I was looking for a contrast button the first couple days until I figured out it wasn't broken, just not well lit.

Daarkseid
05-22-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
Ah ok. I thought it might be some kind of lighting thing. After all, what else would you open a GBA for?

LOL, honestly, I thought my GBA was broken when I first got it. Castlevania COTM was the game I got, and it was just too damn dark! I was looking for a contrast button the first couple days until I figured out it wasn't broken, just not well lit.

The afterburner would solve everything. It is the foremost superior lighting peripheral. Nothing but the best things have been said of it. And it depletes battery life by maybe 30%. Also, if you want to put more time into installing your Afterburner, you can add a dial to the back of your GBA that increases/decreases the amount of light the LEDs give off. You can even turn it all the way down to save battery life(in case you need the battery life but not the light).

MottZilla
05-22-2002, 02:56 AM
Leprechaun! lmao. Is it included when I buy the kit? :p I'd buy it and install it and all... you know, if I gave a damn. It may be dark, but oh well.