PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden...ON X-BOX!!

The Silent Assassin
05-21-2002, 02:05 PM
NO! Damn it...another gret gme lost to te X-Box...damn...oh well...still will be interesting to see!

Cronic
05-21-2002, 02:29 PM
the box may very well be an interesting system yet though...

A lot of good classic titles.

Kairyu
05-21-2002, 02:33 PM
I think I'm going to cry now... I'm very saddened... Why Ninja Gaiden? Why not something worthless? This is sad...

mrz84
05-21-2002, 03:04 PM
*snaps at the thread's title and pulls a large mallet from nowhere* NO! NOT NINJA GAIDEN! COME FORTH DEMON! I SHALL SMITE THEE! WHERE ARE TOU GATES, YOU VILE DEMON! ARRRGGGHHH! *run off in search of said demon* :kawaii:

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2002, 04:22 PM
Yeah, well, the PS2 gets Shinobi.

Rijuhn
05-21-2002, 05:17 PM
Oh well, it seems like everyone has turned their backs on Nintendo. Most 3rd parties have taken their original games for the SNES or NES and are making shitty remakes for the XBOX or PS2. It's like the companies can't make new franchises for other systems, they have to take classics and fuck with them. MGS is an exception though.

Fiyerstorm
05-21-2002, 05:34 PM
:sighs:

(At least my sister has an X Box......)

Daarkseid
05-21-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
It's like the companies can't make new franchises for other systems, they have to take classics and fuck with them. MGS is an exception though.

The games would be no better on a Nintendo system... Nintendo had the run of the market in the late 80s, first half of the 90s, so their systems got to play host to a lot of the great games of the third party companies.

When Nintendo dropped the ball with the N64(by making an unattractive system for developers) these developers were just using the ideal systems for their games. They didn't make their games shitty, its a matter of taste. I hated what Nintendo did with their games on the N64 more than what other companies did with their games on the PSX and later systems.

People are just being nostalgic. Gameplay is evolving to match the newer dimensions of greater consoles, but it isn't necesarily going to appeal to those who loved the gameplay on previous systems.

Now the idea of a new Ninja Gaiden game is interesting. If it proves to be an excellent game near the level of the great games on the PS2 currently, it might be enough to compel me to get an X-box eventually. Thankfully the X-box price is currently only 200 dollars.

MottZilla
05-22-2002, 02:48 AM
Umm.... Ninja Gaiden I believe never did come out for PS2 like they said it was. And I've seen nothing about NG goig to Xbox, however DoA3 was on Xbox, so likely NG would be atleast ported to it. However there'd still be a PS2 version I bet. Ya so anyway...

DarkDragoonX
05-22-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Umm.... Ninja Gaiden I believe never did come out for PS2 like they said it was.

It's still in production. There was an article about it at Gamespot just a week or two ago.

Mak-X
05-22-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
And I've seen nothing about NG goig to Xbox, however DoA3 was on Xbox, so likely NG would be atleast ported to it. However there'd still be a PS2 version I bet. Ya so anyway...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2866624,00.html

"At its E3 press conference today, Microsoft announced that the next installment in Tecmo's Ninja Gaiden series will be released exclusively for the Xbox. "

DarkDragoonX
05-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Whoops, I don't mean Ninja Gaiden, I meant Shinobi. http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,561199,00.html

Overlord
05-22-2002, 12:21 PM
Now, Ninja Gaiden would not be enough to get me an X-Box. I held off as long as possible before getting the PS2.. only 3 things together made me. 1) Final Fantasy 2) DVD Player 3) price drop. Now X-Box has nothing I want, 1 game will not force me to get a system that is still, basically, crap.

Shinobi would be cool, I'd like to see that, but NG can jump.. I never thought it was that good anyway.

MottZilla
05-22-2002, 02:46 PM
NG is great. However, what they are making now it's NOT Ninja Gaiden. It might have some similair characters and such, but NG is a side scrolling platform game... this 3D angle just won't work.

vegeta1215
05-22-2002, 04:22 PM
Yeah, it really doesn't matter what system games are on. But, it does matter who makes the games (what dev team), because everyone makes games differently, has different ideas for games, and different philosophy's on game making. Not too mention teams will make use of a consoles hardware differently too, which will definitely affect the final product.

Toolie
05-22-2002, 10:32 PM
This is sad... you guys really hate the xbox just because of who manufactures it? You complain that it has good games but they are on the xbox? You really need to get your heads out of the sand and look at things realistically.

MottZilla
05-23-2002, 12:45 PM
I wish Halo and DoA3 were avialable on other systems. X-Box DOES have good games and I for one don't care who manufactured it so long it works. Anyway, the exclusive system crap doesn't make me buy systems. It's the past series mainly that make me want more. For instance castlevania, megaman, etc.

thisusersmells
05-24-2002, 09:16 PM
XBox's supierior developer courting program shows devs much more enticement to make for the better system. More quality games is the result.