PDA

View Full Version : Zelda, If it had a multiplayer?!?!?!

obi
05-21-2002, 06:25 AM
Imagine this, you own an N64 in the good old days, the long awaited game, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, goes on sale today. You aim to buy it.

weeks later...

You've done it! You've finally killed Ganon.You press the rest after watching the long-ish credits, but what's this?!!?!!?

Something unexpected just happened - there is anew option -

MULTIPLAYER among the Copy - Erase and -Option menus.

Imagine, split screen, 3d Link vs Link vs Link vs Link. Not even smash bros would compete with this! all of the items, 20 hearts, ANY level in the game, where you can tem up on bosses, fight 3-4 bosses at once, or just kick your friends ass with Link and Shiek and even more characters.

Imagine how many MORE sales OoT would make if it had a multiplayer, forget golden eye, for get mazza party, This would be the U-L-T-I-M-A-T-E Multiplayer game with no equal.

Do you think this would be true if OoT or even MM or even the oracle games had multilayer options like death match, Boss butch, team boss butch ect?

vegeta1215
05-21-2002, 10:10 AM
I'm just curious as to how they'd pull it off, and how they'd implement it for a Zelda game. It would definitely be neat though, so long as multiplayer isn't required for some things.

Fiyerstorm
05-21-2002, 11:07 AM
:drops dead:

That would be tight!!!!

obi
05-21-2002, 12:43 PM
The N64 wouldn't b able to do this, maybe with a bgger expansion, but I doubt it could. :( of course, I can still dream!

Mak-X
05-21-2002, 12:49 PM
No, no multiplayer death match for Ocarina of Time. Co-op maybe, death match, no.

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2002, 12:52 PM
Even Co-op would suck the rutabega. Zelda is meant to be 1 player. Leave it that way.

mrz84
05-21-2002, 02:10 PM
if you want deathmatch play smash 64 or smash melee but a co-op option or something to that extent would be nice. :kawaii: maybe in the next zelda if not the one currently in development. :kawaii:

The Silent Assassin
05-21-2002, 02:11 PM
Maybe an Online RPG type think...but a "vs" Zelda game would suck ass.

Mak-X
05-21-2002, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a online multiplayer in the style of Ocarina of Time.

Try Graal if you ever wanted to play "Zelda" as a multiplayer game. It used to be called "Zelda Online".
www.graalonline.com

mrz84
05-21-2002, 02:19 PM
zelda online....i can see it now.... so many people wanting to be link....hmmm....well it sounds good. now if only there were a way to get this idea out to the great one known as miyamato. :kawaii:

The Thing
05-21-2002, 04:48 PM
im really not sure how they would do it.

Unless they make a 2 player adventure mode or something i dont know how they just would?

Rijuhn
05-21-2002, 05:12 PM
It would suck greatly. It would only be for novelty, it wouldn't add any to the sincere joy of playing Zelda, it would just make it a pick-up-and-play game like SSB:M. It would lose it's magical quality. Great games like Zelda, and FF are meant to be played alone.

Cecil
05-21-2002, 05:45 PM
I think it would be awesome!!!!
You could easily take out everyone & everything that stood in your way.
Theres enough girls to go around :naughty: but who would get Epona???

Mak-X
05-21-2002, 05:47 PM
Adding to what TSA said and I said, a 3-D online mm action-rpg game set in the world of Hyrule would be awesome.

KingArthur
05-21-2002, 11:24 PM
Anyone play Graal? Anyone Remember when it Was Zelda Online?
Yeah... figger that out =)

Accordind to DN's "To Do" list for ZC, we will eventually get a multiplayer mode. I personally think a deathmatch type thing would be cool, however coop would be cool to, having puzzles that you need your friend with you to solve...

And finally... Zelda: LttP for GBA(!) will have a multiplayer mode! Its a 4 player coop game where you need to work with your friends to solve puzzles, while competing for rupies and items.

So.. uh... yeah!