PDA

View Full Version : Alright Damnit!

Ally985
05-21-2002, 01:53 AM
I have looked everywhere, and I can't find out what i need to know! So I'll just go ahead and ask. I downloaded ZCBeta 1.92 Build 104(both for Win and Dos), and I can't get either one to work. In the Dos version, it starts up the Dos screen, but gives me the error message : Allocating Quest Data Buffers: Error. In the Win version, the little screen pops up asking which program you want to use to open the file. What do i need to do to make it run (either version)? I am so totally frustrated! Somebody PLEASE help me! :cry:

Thank you!:female:

Menokh
05-21-2002, 01:57 AM
I'm hoping you mean beta 152, since 104 doens't have aWindows version.

And I'm not sure about your problem with the Windows version. But the DOS version sounds like it's having trouble with your RAM.
How much RAM do you have in your computer?

Ally985
05-21-2002, 02:21 AM
Amazingly, I have no clue! I'll have to check up on that. (Boy do I feel stupid!) And yes i mean the beta.

K-Teclis
05-21-2002, 06:12 AM
beta 152?? The windows version is hard to install... since I had problems as well.. Butin dos? Try agsetup.exe to set up some options.

plith
05-21-2002, 06:32 AM
For the Windows version... what is the file type set as? Did you accidentally change it to something besides .exe? Try going to Start->Run and type in C:\Zelda Classic\zelda-w.exe (or whatever directory it's in).

K-Teclis
05-21-2002, 06:46 AM
I bet she has problems with the alleg.dll

For some reason it doesn't work correctly sometimes...

Ally985
05-21-2002, 01:56 PM
Ok Menokh, I have 16MB of RAM (pitiful isn't it to have such an old PC). And plith, I'm not sure as to what the file type is set as. When I unzipped the Win version, the icon showed a page with a win symbol. However, I did nothing to alter the file type. Also, K-Teclis, exactly what options should I set up in AGSETUP. I only have that program with ZC1.90, it wasn't included with 1.92. Thanks to everyone for your help! I'll do as you instructed, and with any luck, will be playing. Thanks again!:female:

Ok, I tried using "Run" to open it, and I'm still getting the message:" Allocating quest data buffers: ERROR". I saw something somewhere(I think on a thread here) that said something about deleting the AG.CFG file if problems were occuring, and then recreating it yourself. Can any one tell me what that's all about, and if that could be my problem?

I need to read Zelda For Dummies! LOL!:goofy:

Link Hylia
05-21-2002, 02:25 PM
I had a similar problem, i guess most of the people on agn still have magic computers. lucky bastards

VEL
05-21-2002, 04:02 PM
You need more than twice that much RAM to run the newer versions. I'm not sure how much is needed, but I do know that 32MB isn't enough (I've tried it on a computer with 32MB and it wasn't enough).

Ally985
05-21-2002, 04:15 PM
Thanks VEL! As always I appreciate your helpfulness. I thought about PM'ing you with this question, but you've already helped me with so much, I didn't want to bother you again. And Thanks again to everyone for their advice. Guess I'll just have to wait for my new PC to play it! :cry:

Menokh
05-21-2002, 09:25 PM
Yeah 64 megs of ram should be enough.

I'd reccomend at least 96megs.

The Savior
05-21-2002, 09:29 PM
You can do it with 48 megs, but layers move slow.