PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galaxies

matthew986
05-20-2002, 07:01 PM
How many other people are excited for this game? I'm gonna spend $300 on a major system overhaul just to play it. If enough people from AGN want we could start a clan of our own.

Mak-X
05-20-2002, 08:48 PM
Its coming for Xbox and PS2 as well so that might be another option for you. Too bad there's no GCN version coming for me!!

It looks good and promising from what I've seen on Extended Play this week. I just don't have the money to get a new computer and isp to play it.

matthew986
05-20-2002, 08:58 PM
Yeah its comin to consoles but the Computer Version will be the best. Besides it's about time I update my hardware (I realized yesterday I had a 4 MB Graphics Card. Imagine trying to play Galaxies with that!)

Mak-X
05-20-2002, 09:01 PM
Heh I can! I have a state of the art ATI Rage IIc 4MB video card with 3-D charger video capabilities! Any good PC gaming for me is years off because of the price to buy a new computer and everything I need, along with my current "hobby" of console gaming.

matthew986
05-20-2002, 09:09 PM
Well all I use my PC for is Age of EMpires anyway.

Mak-X
05-20-2002, 09:16 PM
I basically only play Starcraft on this PC and use the internet.

I should mention. This weeks episode of Extended Play on Tech TV is a all Star Wars episode. They have a segment on Star Wars Galaxies showing of an early build they have. They bascially say there will be about 7 races to choose from, about 8 planets each the size of Everquest, you can meet important characters from the movies (Jabba the Hutt, C-3PO) but have to earn the right to meet them, they will have a name feature that won't allow stuff like "CoOL>JeDiGuy877", and a expansion to the game will add space combat to the game (X-Wings in space against Star Destroyers).

jman2050
05-21-2002, 08:58 AM
This game looks so sweet. I was so impressed with the images and the day/night effects. I especially appreciate the sheer size it will have (8 Everquests, now that should be intereting :D ). I hope thee space adventur part resembles Rogue Squadron or Jedi Starfighter in control.

In short, I am getting this game once it comes out on PC.

matthew986
05-21-2002, 07:44 PM
Yes I saw it in extended play and it is awesome. There are 8 races. Go to www.starwarsgalaxies.com for more info. Thers a huge FAQ being developed right now and you can sign up for the beta test (maybe they'll give out a free copy). I've already signed up.