PDA

View Full Version : Link's starting point

wileee
05-20-2002, 03:01 PM
1: I recently started building an overworld and have placed the green starting point icon in space 77 but any time I start the game Link starts in the top left corner of the 00 square. How do I change this? I've tried placing a new starting point for Link in other spaces but he always starts in "00".

2: I going through the tutorial to place the Wooden Sword in the cave but the swort icon appeard on the overworld portion of the map. How do I delete this item from the screen?

3: Some of the screenshots on this board have "Link to the Past" graphics on them. Did someone actually make those from scratch?

Any help would be appreciated from this newbie, Thanks.

plith
05-20-2002, 03:22 PM
1. You have to create a DMap for the overworld. Go to Quest->DMaps, select the first one. You can tell the game where the continue point is and which map it's on using that screen, as well as things like the music and the color palette for that area. The continue point is where Link starts (you automatically start the game on the first DMap, so the game will start on whichever continue map and screen is specified for DMap 0), as well as where he restarts after dying. The green square only specifies where you start on that screen.

2. You have "Item" specified as the wooden sword. What you actually want is for "Room Type" to be specified as Special Item, which will make a new menu option appear called "Special Item." Make that be the wooden sword instead. (Using Item makes it appear on the actual screen, and Special Item makes it appear where the guy is).

3. Not from scratch. There are ways of ripping tiles and then importing them into the game. My own quest has mostly gameboy Zelda graphics with a few other tiles from other games and a number that I did make from scratch. You can also edit the palettes that the tiles use as well. If you want to get a LttP tileset, you can find Orion's somewhere in ZC Developers Exchange.