PDA

View Full Version : Am I just stupid?

Riven
05-19-2002, 02:12 AM
Has anyone else had trouble with MIDI's? None of mine will work with the program. Does anyone know anything about MIDI drivers? I think it's weird that the sound effects work, but not the midi's, same goes for when I test them, I can hear the SFX but not MIDI's. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO... someone please help... if it helps, in setup on auto detect my driver is ADLIB and my SFX is Sound Blaster.

blckscab
05-19-2002, 02:57 AM
I did have a problem before with the midis but that was because I have windows XP on my new computer, I have them working now. I also found that realy long midis dont work on zquest for some reason.
So, has your computer got windows XP or are the midis you are trying to use realy long. Sorry if Im no help but Im not very good when it comes to computers.:rolleyes:

JayeM
05-19-2002, 03:23 AM
Open the ag.cfg file with Notepad. Look under sound and change the values of these setting to match this:
midi_card = MPU
digi_volume = -1
midi_volume = -1
digi_voices = -1
midi_voices = -1

No, you're not stupid.

Riven
05-19-2002, 04:56 PM
Thanks guys, but the MIDI's still won't play. I'll probably just deal with it, I guess.

Cloral
05-19-2002, 05:16 PM
Could be your sound card. ZC doesn't like a number of sound cards.

Spike
06-16-2002, 01:43 PM
I did that thing because my midi didn't work, but it gave me the midi and BAM, bye bye sound. GRRRRRRR :banghead: