PDA

View Full Version : I'm taking a break...

Nick
05-18-2002, 06:30 PM
As the subject reads, I'm taking a break from Zelda Classic for a while. I'll be back next week. Wanna know why?

There are two reasons. One... I am close to being banished from the computer, so I'm reducing my game playing time on here.

Second reason is right here (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56490).

Despite how much stuff I have done with Zelda Classic, I do not feel any satisfaction (self satifaction. This is completely different from how other people think of the quests). I'm not happy with any of my work. Days of Eternity feels like a big lie because I'm simply throwing in big fancy effects to impress people. These big fancy effects are starting to degrade my quests as I'm making them too hard. I can't even play my own quests anymore without cheating!

No, I'm not quiting. I'm taking a break. Don't take me out of the contest because I'm taking a break. I'll be back next week.

Despite my low satifaction with DoE, I'm still going to work on it because everyone else seems to like it.

Until then, good days to the rest of you.

Edit: These times make me wish the mood hack was still around.

Jigglysaint
05-18-2002, 07:01 PM
I moved this here for more exposure.

I said somthing before but after moving the post, the things that I wanted to say got ereased before I pressed reply.

I'm realy sorry that you are having a tough time right now. Must be hard to be caught between all of this. Just a question, does your sister in law belong to any organization that your parents don't like? I mean, is the dislike based on what parties both associate? That can be a source of problems for many people.

Nick
05-18-2002, 08:45 PM
Well, no. She's a normal person like everyone else except for the fact she is one of the "I want this, I want that" people. She wants everything. She also believes her dad can get anything done when in reality, he seems to not do much of anything.

C-Dawg
05-18-2002, 08:51 PM
Sorry about your real life stuff, but dont be knocking yourself. Remember, you dont make a Zelda Classic quest to impress people.. you make it because it's fun. Personally. I enjoy flashy effects because figuring out how to do thme adds a whole extra dimension to the quest making process- and it doesnt HAVE to be hard. ;) You've done nice work, just keep things in perspective and it'll be ok.

-C

Jigglysaint
05-18-2002, 08:51 PM
And people fall in love with these people, why?

C-Dawg
05-18-2002, 08:53 PM
A little dicking does funny things to some girls.

-C

Menokh
05-18-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint

The same reason that someone actually loved Hitler.
They are more than likely insane.

Nick
05-18-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint

That's what I have wondered since July 4th of last year.

Immortal Warrior
05-19-2002, 06:50 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Nick, Don't give up though, DoE is looking really good :)

Kairyu
05-19-2002, 12:03 PM
This is clearly a hard time for you. I've suffered almost everything you mentioned myself (The friend fight being the exception) but not on a scale even close to what it sounds like you're dealing with (And they didn't happen simultaneously), and I had a hard time then. Feel free to come back anytime, but don't do so until you are feeling ready. I once got banished from the computer for a month, and was unable to visit a site which had become a daily sojurn of well over two hours, when I could find a way to get that much time. After the month was over, I just lost the will to stay there. I went back, naturally, but I just kind of faded away. It just wasn't my place anymore. If that happens to you, then good luck. If it doesn't, then feel free to ask anyone here for help...

And about your quest: Think for a while. Which matters to you more, the opinion of some people with little or no life who live far away from you, or what you consider important? A quest made without desire to make it just won't be enjoyable. Don't force anything. Just do what you want to make it fun for you.

I've probably just wasted somebody's time with weird stories and bad advice, but I've said what I thought was right and can't exactly do much more.

Good luck, Nick!

Raichu86
05-22-2002, 01:53 AM
Taking a break will probably make you feel better. I get down about mine, take a break, and then I never want to stop working on it when I get going on it again. :D

obi
05-22-2002, 02:13 AM
Hope all turns out allright Nick, drink lots of hot chocolate and you'll relax easily. :)