PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Rulez!!!

Cecil
05-18-2002, 02:19 PM
SWGB has to be the most funnest computer game ever made. (This is before Warcraft III was made so keep your hat/head on).
The computer is so easy to beat and I love whipping Jemsee's butt when I backstab him.
Well, first we be allies and take out the cpu, but i dont have allied vic. clicked. While were playing against the cpu, I set up turrents in his town for "safety reasons":evil:. Then once the cpu is a goner, I turn against him and POW!!! he doesnt know what hit him and I win.
Or sometimes I build a monument and at the last second I turn against him. But most of the time we are allies and stay allies. Ive only turned against him like, three times, or something.
Its a really fun game. A total must for all SW ppl out there.

Beldaran
05-18-2002, 02:20 PM
I agree! I LOVE playing this game!

Cecil
05-18-2002, 02:28 PM
I like being the Gungans and the Empire.
They kick butt!!

Andy Dick
05-18-2002, 04:18 PM
i wonder if you can download it over kazaa?
if so i think i may it sounds kinda cool!

Mr. 207
05-18-2002, 05:07 PM
This is a great game. I recommend you should play it now. Go for it.

millmill
05-19-2002, 12:13 AM
This game is awsome, I'm planning on buying the expansion pak here in the near future.

mrz84
05-19-2002, 01:41 AM
any place i can get a demo of it before buying it? :kawaii:

Cecil
05-19-2002, 04:08 PM
When did they come out w/ an expansion pak?
What is it called?
These things you must tell me, yes, yes.

millmill
05-20-2002, 12:59 PM
The expansion pak came out on the 13th, and it's called the Clone Campaigns. It adds two more sides to the game, the Galatic Republic and the Separatists.

DarkDragoonX
05-20-2002, 01:00 PM
Meh, I don't lIke SW:GB. It's just another StarCraft clone.

Mak-X
05-20-2002, 01:31 PM
I think its built on the Age of Empires engine.

I'm kinda interested in this game since it looks good with all the different sides, and I'm itching for a Star Wars game involving Episode 1 or 2 right now.

Axel
05-20-2002, 03:21 PM
It's just Age of Empires with Star Wars stuff. look even the menu and tool bar are the same.

mrz84
05-20-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Axel
It's just Age of Empires with Star Wars stuff. look even the menu and tool bar are the same.

you say that as if its a bad thing. :kawaii:

Mak-X
05-20-2002, 05:03 PM
Can anyone who has regularly played Starcraft recommend Star Wars: Galatic Battlegrounds?

How do all the different sides hold up? Is each race/group in the game a independent group you choose (such as Starcraft having 3 balanced races to choose from), and is it balanced?
Is the multiplayer good?
Is the game's system requirements comparable to Starcraft (so it will run on my computer)?

Cecil
05-21-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
Can anyone who has regularly played Starcraft recommend Star Wars: Galatic Battlegrounds?

How do all the different sides hold up? Is each race/group in the game a independent group you choose (such as Starcraft having 3 balanced races to choose from), and is it balanced?
Is the multiplayer good?
Is the game's system requirements comparable to Starcraft (so it will run on my computer)?
I have played Starcraft and have both of the expansions(the first and the orginal)

Yes, the groups are quite indivdual & each have their own dis/advantages. Its pretty balanced, its just who you want to see running around on the screen: Light Side or Dark Side.

The multiplayer isnt that bad, Ive played on it quite a few times and it worked great.

It depends on what kind of computer you have & whether youre talking to a computer freak(which I am not)

Any SW fan should get this; its really fun. If youve ever played Age Of Empires its basicly the exact same thing. Enjoy!:D

MGS2-Jebs02
05-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
I think its built on the Age of Empires engine.

It is made by the exact same people, that is why!